36. It's a Sweet Addiction - E

*E*

Torture.

That's the only possible word for what this was. Literally watching as my Pip accepted going out with Luca and knowing I couldn't say a damn thing about it.

I was going to scream.

I managed a shaky deep breath and looked at Pip as she smiled hugely at fucking Luca. She thanked him and dug straight into the pizza, all her attention now on it. I grabbed a slice too, but suddenly Alfonzo's didn't sound so good anymore.

After a few minutes of silent eating, I couldn't take it anymore. "Right," I said aloud, bringing Cora's beaming face around to look at me, the stupid smile she gave Luca was still on her face even though she was completely involved with the pizza. For a second, I let myself believe that smile was aimed at me from the start and I felt better momentarily. "I think I'm gonna get going."

Immediately, her smile dropped and her eyes became intently focused on me.

Ahhh, so that's what it takes to get her attention away from pizza. Good to know.

"What? Why?" she asked urgently.

I just shrugged. I couldn't tell her the truth because the truth was knowing she was going out on a date with Luca made me furious at the world. I liked Luca before he made eyes at my Pip and now everything he did pretty much pissed me off. I was mad at Daniel for joining those damn gangs and for making me see sense about the situation with Cora and for making me promise to stay away from her. Mostly, I was mad at Cora.

Why?

Because the damn girl had to go and make me start falling for her without even trying and then have to be the reason I have to keep her at arms distance.

I met her green eyes. I couldn't lie to her either. I just couldn't. "Not feeling Alfonzo's anymore. I think I'm gonna go home and train."

That's not at all what I wanted to do, but it was probably better and less illegal then putting a sizable dent in Luca's face.

Pip's reaction was not what I was expecting. Her eyes lit up and she sat up, leaning towards me. "Can I come with?" Her voice was excited, and I knew I wasn't going to say no.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Do you want to?"

"DUH." She looked at me like I was stupid, and I chuckled.

"Alright." I shrugged and stood up. "I don't know why you'd want to, but by all means, come along. Let me pay first and we can get out of here." I turned to walk up to the counter and her voice stopped me dead before I made it two steps.

"No."

I spun around. "No what?"

She gave me a grumpy pouty look. "No, you're not paying."

I just laughed. This again? "Guess again, Cora. Yes I am."

She moved faster than I thought she could, and she snatched the check from my hand and... burst out giggling. "How did you not see that coming?" she teased as she dashed off to the counter to pay.

I rolled my eyes at her, amusingly frustrated with her.

The second we were outside and not in front of the door, I grabbed her wrist and spun her into me until her back bumped into my chest and I wrapped my other arm around her waist, pinning her to me. I lowered my head to her ear and brushed the hair behind her ear. I didn't miss the little shiver she gave when I whispered lowly, "You should know that I'm planning revenge for that little stunt you pulled back there, Pip."