Chapter 22.

{Hey! I wrote a chapter. I'm sorry that the chapters are always later that I plan on... but I've been going through a lot at the moment, thankyou you to my friends and family for helping, but I am back, hopefully back for good ~A ❤️}

-Levi's POV-
'Why is my dad holding Eren while he sleeps?'
I wonder once I walk into mine and Eren's Bedroom.

I silently walk over to him and shake his shoulder to wake him up.
"Dad?" I whisper-shout, into his ear making him jump awake.

"Oh, Sorry Son. I'll get going." He smiled slightly.
He was about to leave when he turned and faced me again.
"Look after him... please." He said with a half-smile and a hint of sadness in his eyes.

I nodded my head and was confused on why he seemed on edge.
To be honest, Both Of then did... I touched Eren's hand and he flinched, we talk loudly and he flinches...

'He couldn't have relapsed? Could he?'
I think before shaking away the thought and getting changed and going back to bed.
I look over at Eren and pressed my lips lightly, against his forehead.

"Goodnight Eren... sleep well" I mutter before blacking out.

-Eren's POV-

I woke up to see no-one in the room, I turned to see that Levi had gone, most likely downstairs, but he was still gone.

I walked over to the drawers and fished out my outfit for the day.
I picked out a maroon collard shirt and a pair of black jeans.

I walked over to the bathroom to get changed, I looked into the mirror and ran a comb through my hair, making it less messy.
I decided that I was going to make the most today.

However when I looked back at the mirror I saw a flash of my fathers face, with his hands creeping around my neck.
I gasped loudly, and walked back into the wall with tears down my face.
I shook my head to clear the thoughts and of course.
No-one is there.

-Self-Harm Warning-
I stare straight back at the reflection of myself in the mirror.
I watch as I see the ugly stains of tears fall down my not so smooth cheeks.

"Why ME?!" I scream, before slamming my fists onto the mirror, smashing it into separate shards of glass.
I curl up into a ball, leant up on the wall. On the floor.
I see the shards of glass, scattered around the bathroom floor like soldiers on a battlefield.

I pick up one of the shards and push it against my skin, and watch, as the blood trickled down my once bandaged arms.

I stare into my arms in disgust, as I hear footsteps running up the stairs.
More tears fall down my face as I look upwards to spot Kenny.
However he was with both Kuchel and Levi.

"I'm so... sorry" I cry into my arms, before being pulled into someone else's.
I squeaked slightly at the swift movement but then relaxed as the person crept their fingers through my hair.

"Shh, it's fine Eren... I've got you..." They spoke.

I looked up into the eyes of Levi, who had a tear-stained face but with a sad smile.
I cry even more at the thought of losing him, and the thought that may kill me.

"Why didn't you tell us Sweetie?" Kuchel asked with a sad look on her features.
I just stared up into her eyes, trying to find my words.
In the end I just shook my head and leant it against Levi's shoulder.

After a few minutes, Kenny and Kuchel left the room and left me and Levi on our own.
"W-what is wrong with me?" I ask whilst staring straight at the old white scars and the new ones one my wrist.

I suddenly feel Levi moving till he faces my direction.
I watch as I see his small yet visible tears fall down his pale skin.
"Look... listen Eren. There is nothing wrong with you... I understand- we all understand how hard it is for you too cope especially with your father... but he is in prison now, he cannot reach you no more." He gave a small smile.

I repeated the gesture.
"Now let's get you cleaned up shall we?" He asks a rhetorical question.

Whilst Levi was grabbi g the bandages from out of the top cupboard-
(-which of course he had go stand on the side to reach), I couldn't help but think:
'Is my father- Grisha Jaeger, really gone? Is he staying in prison? What if he escapes?'

My thoughts are suddenly stopped to a halt when Levi grabs my arm to wrap another bandage over.
"T-thankyou" I mutter under my breath.

He smiles and joins his lips on mine for a split second.

"Now let's go and have some dinner" He says and slowly interlocks his hand with my right one before we both head down the winding stairs.

-

We reach the table and I see that our dinner is already plated up and is at our places.
"Thank you Kuchel" I give a small smile as I sit down, I'm kind of glad that I did that... even though I feel quite scared....
I'm just glad that we won't be as awkward anymore.

For dinner we had Lasagne.
I put extra cheese on mine... of course.
And we had a great time... like a family should do.
We the also played Cluedo!

It just reminded me of when we played it last time... that was the best time of my life.

By the time we had finished, Levi had just left to go to bed whilst Kenny left about an hour ago.
However I decided to stay with Kuchel and help as much as I could with the cleaning of the dishes.

I grabbed some plates and was about to walk through to the sink of where Kuchel was standing, until I caught glimpse of the television in the corner of the room.

It was the Nine-o'clock News, and as I watched it, the plate suddenly slipped from my hand and smashed onto the tile flooring.

'A man aged 49 has escaped the High Enforced Rose Prison- By the name of Grisha Jaeger'