THREE

PART THREE

❝ Even with the right type of class, you could turn the head of the one you despise the most

Even with the right type of class, you could turn the head of the one you despise the most. — 3Riché

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

"Three Q's." Ruby chimed as he threw the three cards on the wooden table. I slid two more cards on the table. "You're lying!" Jamal spat out. "Look to see if I'm lying then." I said, smirking. He scrunched his face up and laid a card on top of mine. That boy really didn't like taking risks. I took his card from the pile. A three hearts was what he added. I slid the pile over to him. "Ha! One A. I win." Both of the boys their mouths fell agape. "How did you know I lied?!" Jamal yelped. I raised up an eyebrow. "Because you can't lie, Jamal. It's a proven fact." He folded his arms across his chest. "I can lie! It's just.. my heart is weak and can't take on all the sinning!" Ruby and I exchanged glances before bursting out into laughter.

"What's up, guys?" Cesar greeted as he stepped into the house. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I didn't appreciate him anymore because of what he did to my sister. "How much do I have to apologize, Sindya? I said I'm sorry!" He desperately spoke. "I want to hear it a hundred times more before I finally forgive you." He sighed and flopped down on the couch.

"You coming to the party tonight?" Monse asked as she folded her clothes. "What party?" "The one Cesar and Spooky are throwing." I vigorously shook my head. "Ugh, no." "Please come, Sin. You know that when you're not there I'm gonna act irresponsible." I stood up and walked to my room. She quickly followed me. "Please.."

"Why are you begging me to come to a party you're going to? You never do that." She shifted uncomfortably as if she were caught. I folded my arms across my chest. "Spill, Mo." She sighed. "Oscar told me that I should get you to come to this party because Oscar wants to speak with you." "Oh Dios mío (oh my gosh), of course it's him." I sighed and pulled my closet open. "What should I wear?" She smiled and pulled out a blue dress. "I know that Oscar is feeling you so let him see that you're not the one to be messed with." "He doesn't like me but whatever." I said with a smirk visible on my lips while grabbing the dress.

"I cannot believe that a 14 year old forced me to come to a party." I spoke as my heels clicked on the pavement. Monse walked up the few stairs that was connected to the porch and entered the house. Since everyone was invited to the party, they didn't bother to lock the door. The loud music that was heard two blocks down the street made my ears ring even more now that I was in the house itself. Monse joined her friends whilst I grabbed a blue cup from the counter and poured myself some alcohol. "Blue means your single but ready to mingle. You get that dick girl!" A dark haired girl vivaciously screeched. She smiled widely, revealing a gap between her teeth.

"I'm Jasmine, and you are?" "Sin." Her eyes widened. "Oh my girl, I love your name! And guess what? I'm about to sin on all these cholo's tonight!" I rolled my eyes. She nodded her head into the direction of something behind me. I turned around and saw a Latina chick grinding on Oscar. I bursted out into laughter. "For anyone who grinds on him, I have major compassion for them." "I wouldn't mind to ride him." She said as she admired him with a mischievous grin. She pulled out her inhaler and took a puff of it.

"What's with you?" I asked. "I've got asthma. But that ain't gonna stop me from living my life!" Her shouting caused Oscar to glance our way. He walked towards us.

He glanced at Jasmine sternly as a sign that she should excuse us, which she did. His one-night chick walked up to us. "Are you gonna come, baby? I'm in the mood." "Not right now." He answered. She looked at me with a scowl on her face. "See now.. that's not what we're gonna do. Be mad at your 'man' for using you as a disposable sex toy. Not me." I spat, getting annoyed with the girl.

She frowned and raised her hand to backhand slap me. Her reflexes were too slow causing Oscar to hold her back in time. She reached out, trying to pull my hair causing her spiked ring to graze my cheek. "Calmarses, puta! (chill, b*tch!)" Oscar shouted at her. She gave me one last scowl before storming off. He fixated his attention back at me before bursting into laughter.

I pushed past him, clearly getting annoyed and stormed off. I sat on the porch trying to cool off as the door creaked open. Oscar sat beside me and reached out his hand. He held an ice pack in it. I grabbed it and placed it on my cheek. "You look nice tonight." He complemented. I scoffed. "I look nice everyday."

He cleared his throat before uttering something almost incomprehensible, "You good?" I frowned. "I'm a bad puta. I'm definitely good." He chuckled lowly and shook his head. "You're still as crazy as back in the day."

"Yeah.. next time just control your hyna." He scoffed. "She's not my hyna. She doesn't have enough class for that." He said as he lit a cigarette. I took it from him and extinguished it. "You know how I feel about smoking. Not around me, cholo." He rolled his eyes and took a big gulp from his beer. As I was about to rant on how he rolls his eyes at me, I saw a little boy wandering along the streets. I stood up and beelined towards him.

"Hey, why are you still out here so late?" He shrugged, "My abuelito is sick and when his sickness gets worse he tells me to stay outside because he doesn't want me to see him suffering." My heart ached for him. He looked sad and tired. I held out my hand for him to take. He looked at it suspiciously before grabbing it. I flashed him a little smile and walked up to Oscar. "Are you hungry?" I asked the boy. He nodded. "Oscar watch him for a moment." I went back inside and peered into the fridge. It was empty except for a few alcoholic beverages and tomatoes. I looked into the cabinets and found some bread. A lot of struggle and stress later, I made him a sandwich.

I walked back and overheard the two talking. "What do you want to be after you finish school?" Oscar asked. "An astronaut! I want to walk on the moon and maybe live on Jupiter." I sat beside the little boy as I gave him the food. "Gracias, nice lady." He grinned softly while flickering his brown, molten eyes up at me to which I smiled. "Call me Sindya."

"Okay, Sindya."