THIRTY-ONE

PART THIRTY-ONE

"Your beauty brings me to my knees without you even realizing it

"Your beauty brings me to my knees without you even realizing it." — Oscar Diaz, a man hopelessly in love.

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

After the service, Monse's group of friends and Oscar made their way to the local Delhi to grab a quick bite. Jose and abuelita trailed behind, with the two elders having a lively chat. "Gloria, you don't have to keep pushing me, you're almost as old as my great-grandmother. You're gonna hurt you back." Jose jeered, his voice still weak but full of playful mischief. Abuelita gave him a light pat of discipline. "Pushing you is exercise y exercise is good for my back." She retorted in a matter-of-fact way — her thick, Mexican accent lingering onto her words.

Sin trailed behind the two groups, not knowing where to fit in socially. She had this complicated, loving relationship with Oscar which would make the sphere in the group awkward if she were to join them. She had a great bond with Jose. Had. She didn't know where she stood with him after avoiding him in his most tough trials of life. When she was in pain, it seemed as if she ruined everyone and everything surrounding her.

As if sensing her presence trailing behind, Marisol twisted her neck around and landed her eyes on Sin's form. She stopped pushing Jose and gave her an encourging nod as if to say 'go ahead, he won't kill you.'

Sin mumbled a word of gratitude before taking her place and pushing Jose forth. "Long time, no see." He chimed. She released a heavy sigh and the only sound that was heard were the clattering of her heels against the pavement. "I'm sorry for bailing on you. I should've been there for you." She apologized after several minutes of silence.

"No, hija." He cooed, "You needed time for yourself. You needed to grieve, even if you dealt with your problems like an air headed blancita who just broke up with her novio." The two shared a cheery laugh before he continued. "Look at him." Jose hummed, nodding towards Oscar who walked ahead of them with Marisol on his arm. "You changed him. You transformed him from this cold man to an emotional gangster."

In the distance, Oscar smiled down at Marisol while she kept musing about her favorite telanovela, Bravo.

"Even if your heart isn't with him anymore, which I hope is not the case, talk to him. He deserves the closure." He coaxed, raising his hand to push the fedora further down his head in attempt to shield his eyes from the sun. Sin nodded absentmindedly before ushering him into the restaurant.

"Where's the hot sauce?" Cesar questioned just after the waiter had placed his food before him. Jamal rolled his eyes while slightly loosening his grey tie. "Why do Mexicans always put hot sauce on everything? It's just salad, Cesar. Salad!" He coaxed in his usual frustration.

Sin reached for the hot sauce before her just as Oscar did. Their fingers lightly brushed past each other. She wallowed in his touch for a matter of seconds before pulling away. "Go ahead." She smiled shyly. "No, you go ahead." Oscar chimed back, a playful tone lingering in his deep, baritone voice. "I'll go ahead." Cesar interrupted, taking the hot sauce in his grasp.

"I'm really grateful for being apart of this familia. It comforts me." Jose smiled from the booth next to them. Marisol, the kids and he sat a few feet away, providing the two with their privacy. "You'll always be apart of mi familia, Jose. We'll protect you." Oscar chimed in seriousness. The others hummed in agreement.

As they began to settle, talk and laugh over their food, Sin flickered her eyes over to Oscar who sat before her. He kept his eyes trained on his food or either on the others. Sighing, and finally taking the initiative, she rested her hand on his slightly cold one. Like clockwise, his dark eyes landed on her curious ones. "I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have shut you out, let alone be cold towards you. I just.."

The words died against her tongue as she couldn't seem to translate her regrets into a simple sentence. Oscar comfortingly squeezed her hand before raising it and brushing a gentle kiss upon her skin. "I know, love. I've been there, done that. Now I'm gonna help you go through it. I'm not angry with you. Let alone be disappointed. You just need someone to be there for you and I want to be that someone." He cooed, a firm belief of resolve shining through his dark brown orbs.

Sin's lips lifted up into a silent, gleaming grin. "I love you, you know that right?" A majestic smile conjured on Oscar's face, his eyes lighting up in happiness. "I love you much more, tonta." He retorted, playfully.

Two hours later, the two found themselves in Oscar's bedroom. Strings of sexual tension rushed through them as they stood before each other, not muttering one word. Oscar's eyes darkened in lust as they stood fixed on her slightly parted lips. He pinned her against the wall and tightly grabbed ahold of her hips, scrunching up the material of her dress with his calloused hands.

"What if Cesar comes home?" Sin whispered. "He's with Monse doing God knows what." He replied swiftly, slowly raising her dress up while keeping an intense eye contact. He dipped low, his lips ghosting among her cheek. She shivered as he murmured close to her ear. "Let me take care of you, babylove."

They inched closer, their lips almost touching. "Fuck me," Sin exhaled, running her thumb along the base of his neck before she pulled him into her. He tilted back her head and kissed her, softly at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. His tenacious mouth was parting her shaking lips, sending wild vibrations along her nerves.

Oscar lifted her up and eased her unto the bed. "Gladly." He growled into her ear before ripping her dress open. Her dark blue lace bra matched majestically with her complexion. The bright sun rays which poured through her window made her glow a breathtaking hue. "Your beauty brings me to my knees without you even realizing it." He proclaimed, running his calloused hand along the curves of her body.

A shy smile lifted the corners of her mouth up. Pressing his lips onto hers again, one consistent thought kept lingering in his head;

I'll make her my wife someday, I promise.

Even though this wasn't full on smut, I still feel DiRtY.
Anyways, I REACHED A 100K YOOOO. Thank you so much for still reading my book and supporting me even though I disappear sometimes ❤️❤️