SIX

PART SIX

'Men are driven by two principal impulses, either by love or by fear

'Men are driven by two principal impulses, either by love or by fear.' —Machiavelli

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

I took a deep puff of the cigarette

I took a deep puff of the cigarette. The door creaked open. My homies walked in. "It's done, Spooky." Luis, my right hand, stated with a smirk etched onto his face. Normally, I would join him but this time.. I felt almost guilty. She did have a big mouth towards me and disrespected me and my family, but other than that.. she was quite okay. Of course, she was as irritating as a zancudo (mosquito) but she never really crossed the line. I slowly nodded and took another puff of the stick in between my fingers.

"It's good that you did this, hombre. That way she can see that no one messes with you and comes away with it. This will teach her a lesson." He chimed. "You think? That girl is hard to break, chico. This will only make her angrier. We should've thought this through before we reacted!" I hissed in utter frustration. He sat on the couch on the opposite of me. "We'll see how she'll react. Can't change the past, hombre."

We both sat at my dad's side

We both sat at my dad's side. We've been sitting like this for two hours now. Monse hasn't talked to me since her outburst. She stood up, tucked my father in and left the room without saying another word. I sighed and rested my head in my hands. How did I manage to bring them in so much trouble? I stood up, ready to leave the room, when my father spoke up. "Sin.. don't do anything." He managed to coax while his voice cracked because of lack of water. "Don't do anything like what?" I queried.