THIRTY-TWO

𝚙 𝚛 𝚎 𝚜 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚒 𝚗 𝚐: ↴
————————————

J A I M I E   'Boa'   D I A Z   (55), occupation: leader of the Mexican Cartel — los Pasadeños

occupation: leader of the Mexican Cartel — los Pasadeños.

y

P E R S E P H O N E   'Percy'   R A Q U Í N - D I A Z (43),occupation: wife of Jaimie and occasional cholita

occupation: wife of Jaimie and occasional cholita.

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

"Boss," One of Jaimie's henchmen proclaimed, a black portable phone in hand. "Bueno," He answered as he pressed the device against his ear. "It's your brother, boss. He's in Oakland and has spiraled out of control. He's drunk out of his mind and keeps blabbering about a child and some chiquita named Flaco." The man on the other line elaborated in confusion on the contrary to Jaimie who sighed immediately — knowing where this phone call was leading to.

"Pinche cabrón." He growled, running his hand along his goatee in a soothing manner. "Thanks, I'll handle it.." Jaimie dragged his words, in search of the man's name he was conversing with. "Serpiente." The man answered.

Jaimie ended the call and handed the phone back to his henchman who quickly dispersed from his office shortly after. "Cariño," A familiar, nasally voice called out from outside. Jaimie followed the voice and found himself in the spacious living room where his wife sat before the fireplace. "Everything okay, mi vida?" He questioned before swiftly pressing a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm okay, pero my sister's baby shower is three days from now. Should we fly out today or tomorrow?" She questioned while repainting her plume colored nails. Holding her hand out before her — her giant, shiny size of a wedding ring resting graciously on her ring finger — she blew puffs of air on her nails, in attempt to quicken the drying process. "About that, my brother isn't doing well.. again. I have to check up on his children."

She craned her neck and shifted her body into his direction. "¿Qué? What happened to him?" Percy questioned, voice full of concern and pity.

Jaimie sighed and leaned into the couch. "His eldest, Oscar, met this girl when he was sixteen. They called her Flaco. They were senselessly in love, mi vida. She was slowly destroying him. When he went to prison, he found out that she was pregnant. I'm guessing that after all these years Oscar is still dating the bruja and draining Ruiz of all his riches." He elaborated mindlessly.

"Does Ruiz still have the money your mother gave you both?" Percy queried, twisting the cap of her polish back on. Jaimie scoffed in response before parting his lips, "Knowing his ass, he has probably spent all of the three hundred and fifty thousand by his greedy self."

"Ay, caramba. When are we flying out to my sister then? Mami will kill me if I'm not there. You know that lady is still fit enough to beat me with her chancla." Percy grumbled.

A cackle ripped from between Jaimie's lips. "Ay qué no, no such thing will happen, P. Your sister doesn't live too far away from where we'll be flying to anyways." He crooned, getting up from the couch to enter his office again. "Where are we going to then?!" Percy exclaimed in question to his retreating form.

"Freeridge, mi vida. Go pack up."

Obeying to his advice, she was about to saunter towards her bedroom until the doorbell rang. "Gazania!" She called out, hoping her maid would answer and get the door. After copious shouts but no reply, she shuffled towards the front door and swung it open.

No one stood on the porch of their villa. She heaved a sigh and muttered a swear word in her native language. Just as she was about to retreat into her house, her eyes landed upon pink casing wrapped around something. Knowing the dangers of opening unknown items, her curiosity unfortunately got the best of her as she cautiously unwrapped the casing.

"Santo cielo," She gasped before calling her husband to see the sight before her.

"What about this one?" Oscar questioned as he gazed hopefully towards Sin. He held his phone in his grasp while swiping along the screen to see more houses. Sin rolled her eyes in annoyance and groaned. "I'm grateful for you letting me stay over because of my dad, but O, you're smothering me."

Ignoring her mini-rant, he kept swiping until he gasped. "This house is big enough for the four of us and it's on the outskirts of Freeridge, Ground Zero." He proclaimed while excitedly pushing her shoulder. "What's a Ground Zero?" She stood up and entered the kitchen, hungrily scavenging the fridge for food. "It's neutral ground over there. No Santos nor Prophets are allowed to perform gang related activities in that area." Oscar hummed while locking his phone and slipping it inside of his pocket.

"Look at you, using fancy words.. gang related activities." She mimicked in his voice which caused him to glare at her and suck his teeth in annoyance.

"Anyways," She began, dismissing his attitude. "Why are you looking for houses? And who's the four of us you were talking about?" She questioned, a big spoon and a container of ice cream in hand. "I'm talking about moving Monse and Cesar into our new home." He cooed, taking the ice cream and silverware from her grasp before placing it on the counter. He slid his muscular arms around her waist and beamed down at her.

"We can live together as a family. As the family you've always deserved. As I've always deserved." He whispered almost inaudibly while tracing the depths of her cheekbones with his thumb. "You'd really do that for me? Buy a house?" She queried in some sort of shock. "No," Oscar hummed, furrowing his brows together. "I really did that for you. I already bought the house. I just wanted to see your reaction."

Seeing the confusion and lack of understanding on her face, he answered her not claimed question. "I bought it months before Rico passed. I wanted to wait for the right time to tell you, but.." He trailed off, a look of distance evident in his dark eyes. Sin soothingly rubbed his back. "I know, I know." She chanted in a soft voice.

Suddenly, the door bell rang, the sound echoing through the entire house. "I've got it." Sin announced before sauntering towards the front door. Upon opening the door and seeing no one in sight, she was about to close the piece of wood which served as a door until her eyes wandered down to something laying on the doormat.

She crouched down and was about unravel the bundle of newspapers when the wind fanned it open. A gasp ripped from her parted lips as she stumbled back inside the house.

A bloodied, bruised finger laid amidst the bundle of paper. Bloodstains formed letters constructed a dreadful sentence; You're gonna ride out until we die out, Clyde. — Bonnie.

Who do you think 'Bonnie' is?👀
comment, vote &
Thank you for reading❤️
Also, is this chapter boring? Because I feel like it is lol