three

3: concern

When Sirius was ready to change back, he simply took his clothes from me with his teeth. I immediately closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, Sirius was running his fingers through his hair.

"When did you change?" I asked, a little fascinated.

"The night before last, I managed to find a mirror, and when I saw myself, I knew that not joining the betting pool was a good idea. I would've ended up losing, as I thought you liked Remus too. I'm spooked a little..." My heart dropped, and I assume it was evident on my face. "Not by your feelings, but by the fact that our Animagi are nearly the same. You're a little smaller, and snowy. It scares me a little because you know what the book said about how your Animagi are animalistic versions of your soul."

"If ours are what they are..."

"Maybe your feeling for me and mine for you are fate, and not just... teenage crushes."

My heart stopped and I smiled the slightest amount. "You like me too?" I chuckled the slightest bit and felt my face warming up.

"I've known that I fancy you since the first night we spent in the hospital wing, the first time you got sick. I felt so worried and so upset that you felt so horrid, and looked so sad. I was scared. I think I started liking you a long time before that, but that's when I knew." Sirius smiled.

I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to. I was worried it was a dare, or something.

He stood back up, and sat down on the floor in front of me. "I want to be with you, but I want to take it slow. I don't want them to know, because they'll tease the bloody hell out of you. James said I was likely the last person you'd ever fall for, and I believed him."

"He told me that too, that there was no way it was you, so it had to be Remus. I'll admit, I did like him when we were in our second year, but it was fleeting. I agree. About not telling them, acting as if we're normal. I don't want them to make it a big deal, because it's not. It's just... us? We're not a theatre production, we're two 15 year olds trying to figure out what we want in our lives," I said, taking his hand. "Plus I have a lot of health issues that I need to worry about before I could focus on a relationship."

"So you're saying no, to being together?"

"I'm not saying no, I'm saying yes, but slowly," Sirius grinned. "And secretively. Not even Lily can know."

"Deal, now will you come back to the compartment, I don't doubt that they're worried sick about you." Sirius said, helping me to my feet. I smiled, feeling my heart fluttering.

"Ya know what else is ironic? Your blood type is the one my body reacts the best with." I said, snorting. He chuckled, putting an arm around my waist and helping me walk back to the others.

James was furious I had left, and when I sat back down, Sirius sitting beside me once again, I told him off.

"You don't get to make a game out of my feelings, and then expect me to just sit there and take it. You're not allowed to tease me about it anymore, or I will bite you."

Sirius straight up laughed at my threat. "You'll bite him?"

"Yes, I will. And I will make sure it hurts." I said, crossing my arms and pouting.

Lily eyed me, but I refused to look at her.

"I'm sorry, Minnow, I didn't know you'd actually be upset," Remus said. Lily nodded. "I guess it gets old, doesn't it?"

"It does, a lot. It's embarrassing to know that you all care more about who I fancy than what kind of music I like now. Last year, it was all about the fact that my music tastes change so rapidly, and now it's all about whether I like Remus, or a Ravenclaw or whoever." Even James frowned.