twenty-seven

27 :  boats

I lived with Mum and Dad for three months after I was done with school before I was moved to a safe-home.

I had wanted to stay until after the others graduated, but after I was nearly killed while trying to save a small group of Muggle children, Dumbledore decided it was far too dangerous.

The vision came in late February, and I had sent a Patronus to Dumbledore with the location as well as bringing Dad and the Auror that Dumbledore had requested be stationed with us. He was a decently kind man, but he didn't talk as often as I had hoped. He only ever spoke during breakfast and dinner, and that was simply because my parents would drag him into conversations. He was older than me, quiet and reserved, but he enjoyed reading with me, as he liked to read probably more than I did.

It was a group of six Muggle children being taken to a park by a high-ranking Ministry of Magic official. One of the children was her niece, and she had volunteered to take them from the day-care to the park and back.

The Ministry official was a Muggle-born, and her sister was a Muggle who died in a car accident a few weeks before.

When the vision came, I was sitting with Dean, reading a story he had brought from his home. He was sitting across from me, reading my favorite story. I went from trying not to cry, as the scene was extremely sad, to the book dropping from my hands and onto the floor.

I started seizing, and Dean yelled for my parents. When I fell out of the chair, he grabbed my head and shoved the chair back. He placed my head in his lap, keeping it steady while my arms and legs flailed.

When I came out of it, as it had been a very quick vision, he helped me to my feet as I explained who the target was. I had been extremely wellversed on the higher ranking Ministry officials so I could identify them if they were the target. I relayed the shortest version of the vision I could.

They're attacking her in the park, they plan to kill all of the children except her niece, take them to another location and torture them both to get information from her.

So we were off.

We got to the park moments before the Death Eaters, and when Dumbledore arrived his one mission was getting her and her niece out of there. The Death Eaters fought back, and the overwhelming amount of spells that were coming from either side made it incredibly difficult to desern one castor from the other.

Dean and I had worked with my parents to get me accustomed to the way their magic felt, so I could pick out who was who, but there were 8 Death Eaters and they were all attacking at once.

I could only tell that I was the target if the spell was directed at me, but if the spell was directed at a nearby tree? It wasn't as much of a nagging feeling.

So when one of the Death Eaters used bombarda on the tree next to me, I didn't know until it was nearly on top of me. The fear that overcame me was immense, and the next spell I shot out of my wand knocked four of the Death Eaters off of their feat.

Dean sprinted over, grabbing me around the waist and pulling me out from under the tree. The moment that we were safely out of the way, I felt a killing curse brewing in someone, and I did the one thing I could think of. The reserve of immense magic broke free like a dam that had been waiting to be released, and I suddenly had the equivalent magic of ten witches and wizards flowing through me.

"Protego Maxima!"

A silverish bubble encased the four of us, Dumbledore having gotten the Ministry official and the children away from the park. Had the reserve not opened, it would not have worked, but the shield caused the curse to disintegrate.