fifty-six

56 ;  order

The miscarriage didn't have a lasting impact on Sirius and I the way that Fleamont did. In fact, it had the opposite effect. We managed to truly figure out how to comfort one another, as we were both hit pretty hard by the grief after Remus left. 

It was still nothing compared to Fleamont, but it was still very sad. 

Albus finally relented to allowing me to come to an Order meeting under the agreement that it would be followed directly by the dueling thing. 

He suggested that Sirius and I allow the Tonks' to watch the girls again, because it would be a very long meeting and he wanted as many participants as possible. He wanted skill sets ranging from advanced, to less than ordinary, to Lily level. He also suggested that Lily ask her parents to watch Harry, which she obliged to. 

It was Sirius' idea to let them come to our home, so that there were no members of the Order that would be excluded from the event because they were protecting the Tonks' and our girls. I pitched the idea to Albus, and he agreed, saying it would free up Eilene and Alastor in particular. 

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. 

I knew I could hold my own in a duel, and I knew I could do it better than anyone, but I'd be a fool not to acknowledge that I relied heavily on being able to sense my opponents magic. 

But I wanted to prove myself more than anything, so I sucked it up, and I forced myself to calm the hell down. None of them would actually hurt me, their only goal was to disarm me and prove that I was capable of being defeated. The only people who knew about my ability to preform wandless magic was Dean, Kayla, Lily, James, Remus and Sirius. 

They also happened to be the people I was worried about dueling the most. 

The meeting took place on the 22nd of November, Kayla had asked her parents to watch her kids for the day, just so she could watch. A lot of the members of the Order were going to extreme lengths to be able to attend. It was a Saturday, so Minerva, Flitwick, and Albus' absence wouldn't be questioned too extensively. There weren't classes, and it was Slughorn's Hogsmeade weekend. 

In total, there were over twenty witches and wizards in the building when I arrived. Some of them weren't official members, rather Aurors that Albus worked closely with. 

Lily, James and Remus greeted Sirius and I first. Lily immediately went on a quick rant about how there were wizards in the room that even she would not dare to take on. She looked at Alastor Moody pointedly, as well as the fact that Minerva and Albus both appeared to be in dueling attire. 

The meeting started as any other, we went around the room and reported in. Obviously I had no reports, so they just skipped over me and moved onto Dean. He reported about the continued safety of my home, stating that the closest attack had been on a town five hours away. 

The Death Eaters had no idea where I was. 

They, then, quickly had a segment similar to my improvised intervention regarding my reckless apparating after visions, this time directed at Lily and James. 

I had been entirely unaware of the conversation even existing, as Sirius had never told me. 

Albus was pushing them to do the Fidelius Charm. 

He used Dean's confirmation that my home was still as safe as it was two years ago as ammo against their protests that they were already safe enough. Minerva cut in with the simply fact that they had moved four times since their son was born because Death Eaters had gotten too close for comfort.