Chapter 2: The Start of it All

(Rena's POV)

I was sitting on the plane reading over the file, doing some research on the mark while I had spare time. Mightyena was resting in his Pokeball for now, a little tuckered out from last night's heist. I, however, was wide awake and needed to focus my mind on something.

"Mark," is basically just another way of saying, "the target." So, Keith Dazzle is the mark.

He's nineteen years old, six-foot two-inches tall, has vibrant red eyes, is lightly tanned, and is very well built. I've been reading up on his life, personality, family, friends, and school grades. All of this information will help me make an impression on him. I need to catch his attention if I'm to be his new best friend, after all.

So, let's start from the top of the list.

His life. Not very eventful, but there were a few things that stood out. His mother died in a car crash when he was ten; just old enough to really remember her. His father is a total jerk and a workaholic, so the kid's been neglected pretty much his whole life. I bet this guy has a bunch of mental issues because of this, giving me some leverage to work with. He's also lived your classic rich kid life. Lucky bastard... I had to work hard for everything I ever got...

His personality. He's arrogant and conceited; totally full of himself in every way imaginable. He's not entirely self centered when it boils down to it; he actually does care about his close friends, but that's pretty much it. Keith is a cocky jerk who picks on the weak, but isn't mean enough to be considered a bully. Reckless pervert: that stands out a lot. Pranking master, candid, mischievous, attention hog, adventurous, brave, cunning, daring, boastful, brash... But of course, he has his faults. He has quite the uncontrollable temper. Oh joy, I'm so looking forward to that. Oh, and would you look at that? He's a ladies man, too. How wonderful... Well, I am fairly attractive; I suppose this will make it rather easy to catch his eye, just...not in the way I was originally thinking....

His family. Dead mother; seems like she was the best parental influence in his family. Father might be a rich, billionaire genius, but he's a terrible father from what I can tell. No siblings; he's an only child. Hmm... I can work with this. I can relate to the only child thing, being one myself.

His friends. Not many from what I can tell. He's a popular kid, so naturally he's got a bunch of fangirls, but not too many friends. Hmm...the fangirls may pose a problem in future. If he's not friends with those girls, I need to step up my game so he chooses me to join his exclusive friend list. From what I can tell, he's got only two close friends: a wannabe Operator named Rhythimi, and a boy genius and wannabe Scientist named Isaac. He doesn't really have too many friends, but he does have a lot of wannabes that will pose to be competition for me. This Rhythimi girl sounds easy enough to befriend, and Isaac is an intellectual like myself. It's almost boring how easy it will be to win them over just to get to Keith.

His school grades. Not too great, actually. Slacks off a lot, turns things in late (...if at all...), sleeps in the Library practically every day... Wow, talk about lazy... I am sort of a genius myself, so I suppose I could tutor him... I could definitely take advantage of that angle for the grift. He sounds like a bit of a slob to me, and yet all of those girls are falling over him? I don't really understand.

"ATTENTION, PASSENGERS. ATTENTION, PASSENGERS. WE HAVE LANDED IN PUELTOWN'S AIR STRIP. PLEASE BEGIN DEPARTING THE AIRPLANE NOW."

...Huh?

I briskly looked out my window as my curiosity took over my thoughts, noticing that we did, in fact, land the plane. I guess I was so lost in thought looking over the boss's file that I didn't even take notice of us making our decent...