Chapter 19: Family Matters

(Rena's POV)

I just did a spit-take, then whacked Keith upside the head. "You idiot! That's not true at all!"

"What? Yes it is!" Keith laughed, rubbing the now sore spot on his head where I just smacked him. "Brown Miltanks make chocolate milk, and pink Miltanks make strawberry milk!"

I just rolled my eyes at his obvious lie. "You've gotta be kidding me. I'm not gullible enough to fall for such a stupid lie!" I laughed at him, shaking my head.

The four of us were all downstairs in the cafeteria, eating our dinner at the tables. Keith was just finishing up this wild tale about how different colored Miltanks make different flavors of milk.

"...is that really how it works?" Rhythimi tilted her head to the side, a little confused.

I just facepalmed, then dragged my hand down my face. "No, sweetie. He's just trying to get you to fall for his lie."

"...oh." Rhythimi sweatdropped, awkwardly scratching the back of her head. "I knew that."

Keith, Isaac and I just all busted out laughing, and Rhythimi's face reddened with embarrassment.

Isaac slowly stopped laughing, then stood up from the table with his tray in his hand. "Well, I should probably head upstairs if I want to talk to Melody for more than an hour."

"Oh, okay then." Rhythimi smiled, waving good-by to Isaac. "See you tomorrow, Isaac!"

Keith slightly waved, not really paying attention. "Say hi to her for me."

"Will do." Isaac nodded, dumping his trash in the trash can.

I just sweatdropped. "Uh... Who's Melody?"

They all just froze and stared at me as if I was a complete idiot. What?! What did I miss??

"Oh, did I not tell you about my sister?" Isaac raised an eyebrow at me, walking back over to the table.

"No, I don't think so..." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, clearing my throat. "You have a sister?"

"Yeah." Isaac smiled, thinking of his sister fondly. "My little sister's name is Melody, and she's seven years old. She goes to the private elementary school in Pueltown that Keith and I went to when we were little." Isaac explained. "We're pretty close, and we Skype every night. In fact..." He hesitated, then looked over at me. "Would you like to join in on tonight's Skype call and meet her?"

"Me?" I pointed to myself in shock as the blood drained from my face. "You want me to meet your kid sister?" I just blinked at him, unable to comprehend this.

"Sure! Why not?" Isaac walked over to me, holding his arm out for me to take. "Come on! I'm sure she'll love you."

"Oh, I don't know if I should..." I nervously laughed, shyly turning my head away.

Kids!? I know nothing about kids! Nothing at all! I'd probably screw up and say the completely wrong thing or something! Oh...and what if she just doesn't like me?! What if I accidentally curse in front of her?! OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD---

...who knew a little seven-year-old could get me so worked up.

"Go on!" Rhythimi laughed, ushering me to get up. "Go!"

Keith nudged me with his elbow. "Oh come on, it's not like she's going to bite you or anything. Go ahead and go!"

I felt myself growing more nervous and anxious by the second. It doesn't look like they're giving much choice, are they...?