Chapter 33: Confrontation

(Third Person POV)

It was a dark and cloudy day in Almia, one of those days where it felt like it could start raining any moment. It was depressing, and the atmosphere was thick. Several people had a bad feeling about today, and they weren't sure why. Although.... They were right to be suspicious.

BOOM!

The second explosion went off at the Ranger Union, sending everyone into yet another uproar. This time, the explosion came from the second floor.

"Hah!" The burly man with yellow hair chuckled evilly, staring over at Keith with a taunting glare. "Gahaha! It's going like we plan, our plan! Fool you good did I do, hey?" The thick-skinned idiot laughed right at Keith's face. "I was playing at decoying! For you, to upstairs going is too late!"

Keith narrowed his eyes at the buffoon; he had had enough of this creep. First, he kidnapped Wendy and forced Keith to trade him the Yellow Gem for her, their last chance at counteracting the Shadow Crystal, and now he's invading the Ranger Union?

That. That was the last straw.

As much as Keith wanted to slug Heath across the face for hurting his friend, he had to go upstairs to investigate that second explosion. Plus, he was just slightly out-matched.

Slightly.

Hey, being a Top Ranger for eight months really paid off; Keith had grown some muscle. And he had gotten a little taller with age.

The red-head in question readied his Styler and dashed up the escalator to the second floor, listening to the sound of Heath's evil cackle coming from downstairs.

When he arrived at the top, he saw that he had just walked into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Up against the wall were Isaac, Rhythimi, Professor Hastings, Chairperson Erma, Murph, Sven, and Wendy. On the right side of the room was a huge gaping hole in the wall, and both Ice and Lavana were standing in front of it. They were both packing heat with their pistols obviously showing on their belts. Standing behind them were at least ten Dim Sun minions, also armed and VERY dangerous looking, unlike the average Dim Sun goon Keith had dealt with previously.

Lavana drew a gun from her pink belt and pointed it right at Keith's head, growling a little under her breath. "You again... Get over to that side of the room with your friends, and don't you dare try anything!" Lavana hissed with her anger seething through her teeth.

Keith hesitated before complying, knowing fully well that they were outnumbered. He put his hands up into the air and cautiously approached the group of hostages, joining his coworkers in being sitting ducks. Rangers weren't permitted to use violence and weapons, so Team Dim Sun had the upper hand here.

"I'm not letting you take Isaac!" Wendy stood protectively in front of Isaac, even with her right arm broken and in a sling. "He's staying right here where he belongs!"

Isaac flashed Wendy a sad smile, then looked over at Ice with a melancholy expression. "Ice, I'm never going back to Altru!" He stood tall and strong, standing his ground.

Ice sighed, pretending to be disappointed. "Professor Isaac, weren't we once colleagues who worked alongside each other? Why, I learned how to operate software from you. Didn't I also share my candies with you?" Ice took a casual step forward, making Isaac cautiously draw back a little.

Isaac's face twisted with frustration and anger, a rare emotion demonstrated by him. He grabbed Rhythimi's hand to give him courage to speak up, and the two blondes held onto each other's hand tightly, not daring to let go. "You tricked me, saying it was for the good of society and peace! It was completely the other way around!" Isaac wore a pained look, his voice rising in volume. "I was lied to, over and over! I'm never going back there again! I have a job as a Research Scientist here at the Ranger Union now!"