Chapter 30: Summer Break

(Third Person POV)

Mightyena and Buizel took off running as soon as they arrived, wanting to chase each other around and play, leaving Keith and Rena alone to get settled in back home. As soon as they stepped in through the front door, it sunk in for Keith that this was time for him to get back to business. Which would be very boring for him, compared to school life.

Although... Rena's unwarranted reaction was very amusing to say in the least.

"GAH!..." Rena felt her voice choke up in her throat as she stared wide-eyed at the interior of Keith's estate. "You actually...live here...?"

Keith nonchalantly took a look around at all the gold walls covered by the endless priceless art and crystal light fixtures accompanied by red carpets that decorated the inside of his mansion. "Yeah. Is this not what a normal house looks like?"

Rena couldn't help but notice that the value of everything in just Keith's front room was worth more than everything she had ever stolen in her life combined.

"No, Keith..." She sweatdropped, running an anxious hand through her hair as she dragged her suitcase with her across the floor. "This is not normal..."

Keith grinned sheepishly at her as he motioned to grab his suitcase and follow her up the stairs too. "I thought you already knew that I was rich."

Rena felt her insides rotting from the level of her shock. "I did, but it just didn't occur to me that you were this rich..."

Keith didn't waste any time in laughing at her for her naivety. He simply passed her on the spiral staircase and stole her suitcase from her, insisting that he would carry it for her. Rena found it odd that several members of Keith's staff offered to carry the bags for him, but he politely refused every time, saying something about not wanting to overwork them.

Since when was Keith such a nice guy?

Keith was leading Rena through his mansion, trying to get to their rooms. But of course, on their way up, he gave her a quick tour of the place. The dining hall was the size of a ballroom, and the ballroom was four times the size of the dining room. The kitchen was glittering with all of the fancy equipment, but it was cute in a sense because of all the little vegetable plants that were scattered about. Rena was able to catch a glimpse of a luxurious garden just outside the kitchen, leading her to believe that they grew a majority of their fresh ingredients. There was just no end to the paintings, murals, and sculptures scattered throughout the mansion; there were even a few family portraits here and there too. Keith said something about the mansion having five hundred rooms, which nearly made Rena double over in shock again. Outside was a gargantuan labyrinth decorated with hedges and legendary Pokemon statues. Rena had been to Parfum Palace in Kalos before, but Keith's mansion put that one to shame...

And after an hour of wandering the gigantic place, they finally arrived at the west wing, where a majority of the bedrooms were located.

"Here we are." Keith set down Rena's suitcase in front of a large door before turning to look at her over his shoulder. "This is your room, Rena."

Rena hesitantly stepped forward and pushed the door open, and then immediately faceplanted right in front of Keith from the shock of seeing such a luxurious room.

Keith nearly fell over laughing as Rena struggled to regain her bearings, which didn't really help her at all.

"Well that was embarrassing..." Rena covered her reddened face with her hands, trying to tune out Keith's never ending laughter. "Shut up already!" She socked him in the shoulder, earning an "OW!" from the pompous red-head.