Chapter 15: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

(Rena's POV)

I laughed and shoved Keith to the ground in Ascension Square. "You idiot! That's not what I meant at all---AH!" Keith grabbed my arm as he fell down and pulled me down with him, and I landed hard on the ground right next to him. "Ow..."

"Gotcha!" Keith laughed alongside me, and our laughter filled all of Ascension Square and the School Yard. "And I know, but I just had to mess with you!"

I just rolled my eyes. "You jerk! You're always trying to mess...with...me..." I slowly stopped talking as I felt a shadow being cast over us.

I held my hand up over my eyes to block out the glare from the sun, and who did I see standing over both Keith and I?

Kim, of course.

"Oh." Kim smiled devilishly. "There you are, Keith." She tore her hateful gaze away from me and smiled innocently at Keith. "I was just about to go to the Training Gym and practice some captures, and I was just wondering if you wanted to come with."

I just rolled my eyes, sitting up from the ground. "Kim, I thought you were training to be an Operator. Why would you need to practice captures?"

Kim shot me a hateful gaze in order to get me to shut up, then continued to bat her eyelashes at Keith.

"Nah, I'm good." Keith yawed, placing his hands behind his head. "Besides, I'm kinda busy hanging out with Rena right now."

Kim's eye twitched, and she gritted her teeth so hard I could've sworn they were seconds away from breaking. "O-oh...I see how it is. Fine then." She turned on her heel and stormed off, huffing the whole way.

I just shot her a weird look as she walked away. "What's her problem?"

Keith sat up from the grass, then shrugged his shoulders. "Don't know, don't care."

________________________________

I'm late I'm late I'm late I'm late!!!

I quickly ran past everyone in the hallways, trying to make it to Ms. April's classroom on time. I BARELY made it through the door before the bell rang.

DING DONG! DING DONG!

Phew...

I collapsed into my desk chair, getting weird looks from everyone in the classroom. Typically I don't run very late, but I had to stop by the Teacher's Lounge to grab a stack of papers Ms. April asked me to get for her. When I was in there I ran into Kim, and we got into an argument, and that's why I was running late.

Ms. April walked up to my desk and grabbed the stack of papers I had retrieved for her, sweatdropping at me. "Thanks for getting that, but I'm sorry I almost made you run late..."

"It's...fine..." I panted, trying to catch my breath.

Keith snickered at me for almost being late. Without tearing my eyes away from the front of the classroom, I kicked him really hard from under our desks.

"OWW!"

Ms. April just sweatdropped, then awkwardly began her lesson. "Anyways... Today we will be going over a new topic: Poke Assists."

As I reached down to pet Mightyena, I could hear a small commotion coming from outside the classroom. We were all back inside now, and Ms. April was in the midst of giving her lecture on Poke Assists. Oh, who knows. It's probably nothing.

"Now, class." Ms. April addressed us all. "For those of you who have family Pokemon with you, I'd like you to send them on up to the front of the classroom for a demonstration."