Chapter 28: Keep Those Lips Sealed

(Rena's POV)

"Rena, are you ready yet?" Rhythimi knocked on our bathroom door, impatiently trying to catch my attention. "The boys will be here any minute, and we need to get down to the ballroom in time for---" When I opened the door, Rhythimi was left speechless as she stood there stunned, staring at me as a bright smile stretched across her face. "Oh, Rena... You look absolutely beautiful!" She placed her hands on my arms, smiling at me happily.

My dress was charcoal-black and stretched down to the floor. It was form fitting enough to show off my curves, but it flowed outwards towards the bottom. My dress was strapless with a heart-shape top, and my black high heels made of glass were only half hidden underneath it. Glittering white rhinestones decorated the right side of the dress around the slit for the leg, creating a swirling pattern. I had fashioned my hair into a fancy up-do and put on light makeup, and I honestly felt super fucking embarrassed about all of this girly shit and I just wanted to go home.

Rhythimi started to tear up and fan herself, and I just gawked at her as if she was Mr. Kaplan wearing a pink tutu and a matching tiara. "Gah---what the hell are you doing!?" I sighed in annoyance and crossed my arms. "It's just prom. A stupid dance that'll be over in four hours."

"Oh, but I just can't help it!" She squealed through her light tears, embracing me in a sudden hug. "You just look so gorgeous and I'm so proud of you!"

I just glared across the room over her shoulder at nothing in particular as she hugged me awkwardly. "I'm not sure what exactly I did, but oh-kay then."

"You're gonna knock him dead off his feet tonight!" Rhythimi let go of me and chuckled, and she turned around. "Rena, can you zip up my dress the rest of the way?"

"Sure." I shrugged my shoulders and pulled at her zipper, zipping up her light peachy-pink princess dress. "Are you ready to go now or what?"

"Of course!" She clapped her hands excitedly. "I finally have an excuse to dance with Isaac. I am not missing out on this." Her wicked grin was so evil I was almost a little proud of her myself.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I glanced over at a sleeping Mightyena and Eevee from across the room, kind of worried. "You sure they'll be alright by themselves?"

"Of course they will!" Rhythimi laughed, lightly shoving my shoulder. "It's not like they're our babies or something. They can take care of themselves!" She hesitated when I gave her a weird look, and she quickly sighed in agreement. "Alright, so they kind of are, but they'll be fine! I'm sure!"

KNOCK KNOCK!

"Ladies, are you ready to depart? The dance is starting soon."

"I don't care if they're ready or not, if they don't open this door in the next five minutes, I'm kicking it down and dragging their frilly asses out here."

Rhythimi and I simultaneously rolled our eyes, knowing how painfully obvious it was to discern who said what. "And there are our dates..." We said the same thing at the same time, then walked over to the door.

When we opened the door, Isaac immediately looked like he was about to die at the sight of Rhythimi in that dress with her hair up and curled, and Keith was looking down my dress. Wait what?

"You pervert!" I instinctively upper-cutted him, making him stumble back a little from the impact of my fist slamming into his nose.

"OW!" Keith complained, clutching his face. "So what, I'm a guy! Shoot me!" He rolled his eyes, then went back to tugging at his tie as soon as the pain subsided. "Ugh, I hate these damn things..."