Chapter 4: Night at the Ranger School

(Rena's POV)

"Rena, wake up!"

"I am awake, dipshit."

"AH!"

SLAM!

CRASH!

I just sweatdropped, looking down at Rhythimi's crippled body on the floor. I rolled my eyes and pulled my covers off of me, standing up on the carpet. I yanked the blonde up to her feet, and I could tell that her heart was still racing.

"Gosh, Rena...don't scare me like that!" Rhythimi whimpered, running a hand through her puffy hair. She stuck her bottom lip out to pout ever so slightly.

I just shot her a weird look, completely unamused and not bothered by this girl at all. "I didn't even do anything... You came down from your bunk to wake me up, and I just so happened to already be awake. It's not my fault you're so goddamn jumpy." I huffed, crossing my arms.

Mightyena opened one eye just to look at us; our bickering must have woken him up. He stood up from the foot of my bed and stretched a little, then hopped down onto the floor next to me.

"And your red-eyed wolf doesn't exactly help..." Rhythimi took a few hesitant steps backwards, pointing to Mightyena.

He just glared at her, a little annoyed at being referred to as a wolf.

"What, Mightyena?" I was highly doubtful that she could find Mightyena even the slightest bit repulsive. "Aww, but he's such a cutie! Aren't you, sweetie?" I cooed, hugging Mightyena and adoring him to death. He was happy with the attention, wagging his tail like a puppy with his tongue sticking out.

Rhythimi just raised an eyebrow at our peculiar behavior. "I will never understand how you get him to do that... Mightyena are severely aggressive Pokemon." She shot Mightyena a weird look, and he stopped acting like a puppy and stood strong. "And it's not like he's a typical girl's Pokemon... Most of the girls here have Skitty, Cherubi, Budew, and then there's my Eevee." Rhythimi pointed up at her Eevee sleeping on her top bunk.

My face twisted into the most confused expression I could possibly muster. "In the short amount of time that you've known me, Rhythimi, have you ever noticed me do anything girly or do any typical things that girls do?"

Rhythimi mulled it over for a moment, then sighed. "No...you're right. And not to mention that you're kinda like Keith in a girl's body." She bobbed her head to the side once, mentally shrugging her shoulders and agreeing with her statement.

...I'm not even sure if that comment is worth taking offense to.

"Wait a sec..." I started to say, hesitating for a moment as my suspicion picked up. "Rhythimi, why were you waking me up at---" I glanced at the clock and groaned. "---three in the morning?" I scratched the back of my head, not tired in the least.

"I'll explain that in a minute..." Rhythimi held up a finger to my face, glaring at me with a motherly look. "What the heck were you doing up at three in the morning anyways?" She inquired, crossing her arms.

Oh great, she's mom-ing me again.

I tuned back into my surroundings and shrugged my shoulders at Rhythimi lazily. "I'm sort of nocturnal. I only sleep four to six hours a night." I pointed out the fact, then began stretching my arms.

Rhythimi dropped her jaw. "How do you survive on so little sleep...!?"

I just shrugged again. "Dunno. I'm just used to it and don't require as much sleep as the average teenage girl needs, I guess." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, unsure of how to respond. The truth is, I really don't know the answer to that.