Chapter 23: The Internship

XD XD XD I am sooooo sorry for leaving you guys with that terrible cliffhanger. I'm the worst, aren't I?

Well, to make up for breaking the hearts of all of you FabricationOfLiesShippers (which is a freaking lot of people, given all the hate comments I received on the last chapter), I wrote this super shippy and significant-to-the-plot chapter that is also hella long. You're welcome.

This chapter explains what happened that night from Keith's POV, and I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised to find out what really happened!

WARNING: this chapter contains lots of foul language. Proceed at your own risk. (It's really not that bad, but I guess some would beg to differ)

Uh, read, comment, vote, and don't kill me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Keith's POV)

"That's...weird." Rhythimi squared her eyebrows at me, sitting next to me in the Commons Room. "So she just, like...planted one on you?"

"...yeah." I cringed a little while recalling last night, shaking my head slightly. Buizel sat in my lap, and he just gave me the same look Rhyth was. "She totally caught me off guard."

______________________________

~The Previous Night~

I stared at the note in my hand left on my door for me tonight as I made my way down to Ascension Square, reading it over again in my mind. "Keith, please meet me down in Ascension Square at ten o'clock, after curfew. -Amanda."

"What the heck does she want?" I rose an eyebrow at the note again, super confused.

When I had reached the bottom step that was illuminated by the moonlight beaming down on the ground, I spotted a silhouette standing in front of the pier. As I got closer, the silhouette's features became more defined, and I soon could make out Amanda's short blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Amanda?" I quietly spoke her name out loud, and she immediately turned around and showed her face. "Hey, what's up?"

"Oh, Keith!" Amanda nearly jumped with surprise when she noticed I was here, and her voice grew shaky. "O-oh... I-it's just, I-I wanted to talk to you about something."

I just rose an eyebrow at her, a little confused. "Oh-kay...?"

"So, you see..." Amanda quickly began losing her confidence. "It's just that I, uh... Well, I---you... Keith, I just... I've felt this way for awhile, but I just---"

I quickly grew impatient with this girl, since she wasn't making any sense. "Amanda, what are you trying to say?"

As if she had no other way of explaining herself, Amanda placed her hands on my face and stood up on her tip-toes to match my height, crushing her lips into mine. I could faintly hear the sound of leaves rustling and some sort of Pokemon scampering away, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

My eyes grew wide with horror, and I quickly pushed her off of me. "Whoa, Amanda!"

Amanda looked crestfallen, but also apologetic. "I'm sorry, I was out of line..."

Ah. Now I get it...

"Look, Amanda..." I started to say, but she quickly beat me to it and cut me off.

"It's her, isn't it?" She smiled through her pain, asking me the question. "You like that girl Rena Deveraux, right?"

My cheeks reddened immediately, caught off guard by her question. Well, there was no point in lying to her. "Yeah, I... I do." I ran a hand through my hair, exhaling sharply with relief due to saying it out loud for the first time. "I'm sorry."