Chapter 1 - Eyes

Lisa POV

"Vroooommmmmm!!"

The car just roaring as I step harder on the pedal. The car is speeding up but still as slow as hell. Damn I'm late again!
Mr.Yang gonna kill me this time for sure.
I gritted hard on my teeth as I turn the steering to the left, making a drift turn at the corner without giving any signal.

"Ponnnnnnn!" A car just honked at me. I opened the window, "YEAH YEAH I'M SORRY MAN!" I shouted and waving my hand. That man looks pissed off. Chill down can you?

Damn. Can you see I'm in a rush? I huffed while continued focusing on the road. It's already 30 minutes late! "Aishh!" I sighed.

10 minutes later finally I can see my company building. Why are you so far away today huh? No time to waste, I rushed through the gate, parked my car and quickly dash towards the elevator.

I was panting hard in the elevator. Lucky there's no one here at this moment. Of course, who comes to work 40 minutes late right? Obviously everyone is in their office now.

While catching breathe, I checked everything. My bag? Ok here. On my shoulder. My file? Ok it's here. My camera? A must-have-item with me or else I will die in a ditch today.

"There you are my baby" I mumbled while patting my camera. I didn't realized I was holding to it this whole time. My one and only precious treasure whatever you call it.

"And lastly....my staff card". I grabbed the card inside my pocket, untied the tangled lanyard and wearing it on my neck.

"MAJESTIC NEWS CO."
"STAFF"
"LALISA"
"PHOTOGRAPHER"

Yeah basically that is the things that you would read on my staff card. I works as photographer here, in this well-known news company in Korea. Not as an ordinary photographer. I am absolutely best of the best here in. I even get recognition from our CEO during our meeting and of course even entitled to it. I can get a whole bunch of perfectly clear shoot even at the worst angle, making the other cameraman left there gawking. They didn't expect a girl to beat them right? Well I just did that.

My passion for photography just brings me here to Korea. Actually I'm from Thailand, in the name of Lalisa Manoban. I used to work there as news photographer in Thailand and luckily my boss recommended me to one of his friend in Korea, which is my current CEO now. So I decided to come here eventhough it is far far away from my hometown. Anything for my parents.

Here in Korea I lived with my Aunt, like living in a hell. Can I really called her Aunt? Cause she's literally not like that. Hot-tempered, lazy-ass and absolutely arrogant af. She leeches on my money as she asked me to pay high rent for living in her house. You think I really want that? No. It's because my mom believes in her. My mom believes she can take care of me here. So she often tells my mom that I'm perfectly fine here and I just low-key admitted it. I don't want my mom to worry about me.

"Ting!"
The elevator stopped. I stepped out and dashed as fast as I can towards my table. A few of my officemates glanced at me as I reached my table. Phewww. Finally I'm here. Quickly, I dropped my stuff on table and started preparing my work. Acts normal like always okay.

A few seconds later. Wait. I look around. They're still staring at me. Did I just murdered someone last night? Guys, it's me Lisa and I'm late again. Aren't you guys already used to it?

"Psstttt"

I turned to that sound immediately on my right. "Lisa, you're 40 minutes late you know!?" a soft low tone voice just come from the table beside me. It's Rosé aka Chaeyoung/Chaeng. She just lower herself under the table, whispering to me.