Chapter 26 - Message

Jennie POV

After giving in the recorder, I sit down next to her. Of course the space between us will be enough to fit in 3 more person. I will not gave in after all the things that happened. She did say her sorry but that's all? No explanation? I'm still curious about what did she do and where did she go? Is it more important than me?

She pulled out an earphone from the bag and connected it to the voice recorder I gave her just now. It will take time to listen to the whole recording since it was about 30 minutes long, but she closed her eyes as soon as the earpiece plugged to her ears. I just stayed silent watching her do her thing. It only few second and she already typing something on the keyboard.

I averted my gaze towards the lobby, wondering what are the others doing. The lobby isn't as packed as before. Most of them are doing the same as this idiot, staring at their laptop. Only few had left. I guess they wanted to finish it at home or tomorrow or maybe they got something else to do. Senior reporter already left, leaving their junior to finish the rest of the report. They might just be here as companion and left when things are done.

I couldn't find Yeri from here so I just slouched back on the couch. I don't know what to feel right now. I should be mad at this person beside me but her actions leave me speechless.

"I'm sorry."

Her words broke the silence. I turned my head to her.

"I got some urgent things to do. I didn't expect this case comes out too early. I missed my timing. I'm sorry." she said it without looking at me. Her eyes won't leave the screen.

"I should have come early. I'm really sorry Miss Jennie." she continued and turned her eyes on me. Her sincerity can be heard inside her soft voice which had continously saying apologies to me since earlier. It calms me somehow but I'm still lingered with ill emotions.

I averted my gaze away and crossed my arms, doubting whether to say a word or not. She seems like waiting for my reply as she had stopped typing at the moment. My lips quivered when she said it again.

"I'm sorry."

Its really soft and full of emotions. That time I gave up. I let out a heavy sigh and decide to face her.

"Where are you the whole day?" I said with cold tone. I need an explanation. I'm not going to let this go easily. This is the first time I get to suppress my anger at someone. My previous assistant won't stand me longer than she did so considered yourself lucky idiot!

She flinched at the question before answering. "I-I got urgent things to do. It really is. It took longer than I expected."

"And?", I arched my brows, demanding more instead of that simple explanation.

"And I'm really sorry for this. I know I had ruined your day. I should be here like I had promised but I missed it. I'm sorry.", she clenched her jaw tight after spoiling the words.

I'm not yet satisfied. Curiosity takes over my mind. I wanted to know what the hell in the world that is so important than me huh?

"What is it? That urgent thing. Is it worth more than me?" I finally asked.

"Urm.. Its kinda personal..... So....," she stuttered to find the right words. Are you kidding me? Are you lying?

"Spill it while I'm still being nice." I arched one of my brows to intimidate her. And it works.

She huffed in defeat while gritting her teeth before answering. "Ok fine. I need to take care of my house. I live with my aunt so I need to buy some groceries this morning. That's why I'm late. Okay."