Chapter 18 - Sweet Partner

K Police Station, 2 a.m. in the morning

Jennie slumped herself on the couch as tiredness completely take over her body. The station lobby is not dead, but yet it is still alive with reporters and the officers rumming around. She didn't want to admit but Lisa is right, nothing happens tonight. Everyone seems to be too relaxed for a case to appear. If there's one then surely it will create a ruckus here. But this is way too calm.

Jennie rubbed her eyes and then hugging her body as the coldness embraces her tightly. She regretted it again that she didn't bring any thick clothes like Lisa said. The sight of Lisa's thick jacket suddenly floated out on her mind.

Her jacket looks really comfortable, it must be warm... should I asked her for it?

Just the moment when she reminded of how Yeri also aimed for the same jacket earlier. Yeri said she's cold too, perhaps she's trying to gain Lisa's attention to her but that idiot is too dumb to notice.

Or that idiot is selfish? She wanted to keep the jacket to herself and let her partner froze to death.

I wonder what Dad is doing now. I hope he'll give me easier task next time. Why the hell he gave me such a task like this!?

Eomma, I miss you~

Yoongi-ah, where are you? Why didn't you pick my call when I need it.

Those thought lingered on her mind again and again until she almost fell asleep on the couch.

Drakk~

The sound of someone sitting next to her making her jolted up a bit, waking her up. She turned to her side.

"Ohh..sorry sorry. I didn't meant to wake you up", A guy bowed down to me few times while apologizing with guilty face.

"Oh nevermind. It's okay." Jennie said to him and he bowed to me again. "Thank you and sorry." he said before returning to his side, where his friends is also sitting on the same couch as her.

Jennie heard their conversation as they are only next to her:

"My turn. You can go to sleep now."

"Aigoo~ Finally you come. I almost fell asleep here. Too bored!"

His friend quickly stood up and packed his thing while continue to talk a bit more with that guy.

Those situation makes Jennie wonder; where is Lisa?

Did she really took my words seriously? She gonna let me by myself? Or she busy taking care of Yeri instead of me? What a useless partner I have!

Jennie tried to stay awake for few more minutes but none of that works. She's too sleepy to even straighthen her ego for now. She rubbed her face.

"I think I should go to sleep..."

Jennie stood up, wobbling a bit as she feels drowsy.

"...whatever the room is as long as I can sleep.. huarghhhh~"

Jennie yawned while treading her way towards the so called room. While walking, she took a look around. Her eyes still searching for Lisa, wondering where did her partner go.

Did that idiot really upset with me?

She continued to walk along the hallway and there's time where she needs to jump a little to avoid stepping on the legs of whoever sleeping there. The hallway full of zombie reporters waiting like her.

Jennie reached the doorknob, when suddenly the door opened up by someone roughly from inside, making her heart almost jumped out.

Behind the door, there's a guy (zombie-looking guy) with super messy hair rushing out from the room without even looking at Jennie who's still in surprise infront the door.