Chapter 15 - I'll Stay

After short meeting with Bobby, Lisa brings Jennie to look around the station. Precisely, the place where they will be roaming around until their task done.

Tension still can be feel in the air between the two girls after the girlfriend things earlier. Lisa keeps thinking about it again and again. It's not about she wanted Jennie but the fact that Jennie completely rejected her! The heiress doesn't even hesitate to say no when Bobby mentioned they both looks good together. Lisa clenched on her teeth. She highkey feels frustrated about it. She owns the title girl crush at her workplace and can make girls fall for her easily but this girl just say no to her? Aishhh damn it!

On the other side, Jennie is just thinking the same. The fact that Lisa said no to her totally lingered in her mind. How could this girl said that? She is Jennie Kim, no one can resist her either boy or girl, but this idiot over here just rejected her? Isn't she has a feeling for me? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not attractive enough in her eyes? No one ever denied me!

Upon approaching a hallway, there's more, more zombie reporters there. They're sitting everywhere on the floor, couch, bench, leaving only small space in the middle for anyone to walk by. All of them looks like a total mess with bleary-eyes and messy clothes. Jennie's eyes got widen while Lisa let out a heavy sigh.

"It's the same as before", Lisa mumbled in low tone.

Jennie could heard it as she turned to Lisa. "What do you mean?"

"It's--"

Lisa didn't get to finish her words as one of the male reporter sitting on the bench near them suddenly stood up and bowed.

"Woah you got me startled!" Lisa blurted out of shock.

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbae!" he greeted with loud and firm voice while bowing down.

The sudden acts got Jennie startled too as she thoughtlessly jumped beside Lisa and holds on the latter's arms. The sudden contact makes Lisa gawked on her stand as she glanced at the heiress. Why? Why the hell I'm feeling awkward!?

Instead of taking her arms back, Lisa choose to ignore it and back focusing on the guy infront of them.

"Yah. It's ok. Stop bowing." Lisa said to the male reporter. He quickly straighten his back and make a salute to Lisa.

"Okay sunbae!"

And then he went back to the bench he's sitting before. Beside him there's a guy on his left, and a lady on his right. Both of them looked at us with bleary-eyes and tired face, and they nodded a bit as a greet. Lisa and Jennie nodded back to them.

"Look at the guy. Obviously he is a rookie. And the other two have been here more than 3 days." Lisa whispered to Jennie, while using her hands to cover her mouth, afraid that they will heard it.

"How did you know?" Jennie whispered back in low tone, while furrowing her brows.

"That guy face is still fresh and he is quite energetic. The other two looks like their soul have left them few days ago. So obviously they're not newbie anymore. Only newbie acts like that." Lisa answered.

She used to see the same situation everytime she went to any station. Newbie is energetic as hell, greeting everyone that passed by and asking the officer every 15 minutes for any cases, while the senior just don't give a fuck at all.

"Ohh. You seems to know a lot." Jennie said while nodding, agreeing with what Lisa just explained to her. No wonder that guy greeted them earlier, while the other two didn't.

Lisa turned her head to Jennie in slow motion. "Now that you know, can I get my arm back?" she said glancing on her arm where Jennie still holding.