Chapter 10 - Because You Are My Partner

Jennie slowly making her way to the door. She feels a bit frightened at the thought of someone knocking on her door at this hour. Who could it be?

Knock!

Knock!

Another knock coming from the door, harder than before making her even more anxious. She covered her mouth, trying to muffle her own shaking voice as she's about to burst into tears anytime soon.

"Da--dad?", she asked stuttering.

But no answer. Instead the person outside now trying to open the door knob.

Click! Click!

It didn't open since Jennie locked the door from the beginning. But the fact that the person trying to enter her office makes her shivered even more. Who could it be at this hour?? Is it a bad person? What if it's a ghost?

Click! Click!

Knock!

Knock!

Jennie froze on her feet as fear filled up her mind. She already sobbing in tears.

"Ughhh Dad~", she cried out loud, still not moving from where she's standing.

"Miss?"

A voice finally come from behind the door. Her loud sobbing stopped as she recognized the voice. That familiar voice.

"Miss Jennie?"

Jennie's eyes went wide. Camera?

"Miss Jennie, it's me Lisa. Are you there?"

Lisa keep asking, and knocking the door lightly. She got startled when she heard a loud cry from behind the door. She's been knocking for a while but there's no answer (actually when Jennie asked if its was her dad or not, her tone is very low, so Lisa doesn't heard it) instead, she tried to open the knob but still its locked.

"Miss?", she called Jennie, hoping for response. She's still here right? Or did she go to the toilet?

Not giving up, Lisa went knocking again.

"You better open this door or I'm gonna eat this myself", she grunted and tighten her grip on the plastic bag she's holding.

Knock!

Knock!

"Miss Jennie, are you the---"

Click!

And the door slowly opened.
Lisa doesn't waste any time as she bursted out the moment Jennie reveals herself from behind the door.

"What are you doing? I almost break my fist knocking on your d--"

Lisa couldn't finished her words as she got stunned at the view of Jennie in front of her.

The young heiress is now sobbing in tears and looked like a total mess. She had removed her blazer, leaving only white polo shirt on her and her hair is messy.

What happened?

Her anger vanished at that moment, replaced by worriedness as Jennie still looking down covering her face, sobbing hard.

"Miss? What happened?", Lisa quickly put down the things she carried, and holds into Jennie's shoulder.

Did something happened? Is anything bad happened to her? Am I late?!

Those thought bombarded inside Lisa's head as she panicked seeing Jennie's condition. And to making it worst, Jennie didn't answer a single bit. Just her sobbing could be heard.