Chapter 24 - Bad

"Hushhhh!!!"

Jennie ended the call with anger, as she swung her hands off to cut the call. She could heard Lisa's voice still talking but she chose to shut it up. She stared at her phone, grabbing it hard.

"You told me to wait!? Use whatever things I had!? I had nothing!! What kind of partner are you!!?"

She yelled, letting out her rage unconsciously towards the phone. She knows her partner won't heard it as the call had ended but she's really mad right now. The press conference will start sooner but she had nothing with her. No laptop, no camera, no voice recorder and not even a single pen to jot down. Lisa took everything into their car when they left this morning. Those equipments are all in the car. So right now she has nothing. Even her partner is nowhere to found.

Jennie scratched at the back of her head, not minding whoever that keeps looking at her standing alone in the middle of lobby, while everyone getting ready for the conference.

"Geez.. What should I do? This is my first..." she mumbled while looking around,, trying to find at least someone who had the same fate as her; bad partner. The reporters are  crowded in the lobby, scattered around talking to each other, creating loud buzzing sound in the hall. They're all preparing for the conference. Some adjusting their camera, some holding their laptop, some talking on the phone.

Then what about me?

Jennie gritted her teeth, watching from the corner. She balled her fist tight. Aside from the anger that is still burning inside, she's nervous and scared. This is the first time she will make it to a press conference and she had zero knowledge about it.

The case is not that big. Or it is? Some drug dealer being caught in action by the police, that is what she heard from eavesdropping earlier. The police hold a press conference to make it easier and fair for the reporter, as they know we are on some field work. Even it is a small case, they will still hold a conference.

What should I do first? What should I prepare?

Jennie looked around. She needs to calm down and brainstorm. She knew she won't going anywhere if she keeps on cursing Lisa. She needs to do something or this task will be sticking on her forever.

"Okay, okay. Calm your ass Jennie Kim. Calm down, calm down." Jennie keeps fanning her face, attempted to cool down a bit.

"Breath in Chanel, breath out Chanel. Okay, again. Chanel in, Chanel out. Fuhhh..Fuhhh.."

She closed her eyes and inhale as many as she wanted, and then slowly exhaling it. She believed those Chanel spell will blow her trouble away, since it was her all time favorite.

"Okay one more time."

And she keeps doing it repeatedly until she earned some weird look from the reporters nearby. They're looking at her from head to toe with knitted brows, and then leave while whispering to each other.

"Okay, now. What should I do?" Jennie begins to mumble, while putting her hands on hips.

"Should I wait for that idiot?"

No.

"Okay. Then should I go first?"

What did you have to start first?

"I have nothing, urmm.. So I should wait for my idiot partner right?" Her hands started to move around as she talked to herself.

No.

"Then, that is why I need to go first."

But you got nothing.

"Yeah I know I got nothing here but... Aishhhhhh!!" Jennie huffed in annoyance. "I don't even understand myself!!"