Chapter 4: I know when you lie

"How can you not remember?" Riley asks confused. I shrug "Riles, I had like 5 cup of I don't even know what" I argue making her sigh.

"Do you think Josh remembers?" She asks softly making m chuckle. "It doesn't matter anyways, I'm already knocked up" she slowly nods and looks at her fingers.

"You should tell him" she say barely above a whisper. "I know" I breathe out.

"Now" she adds making my eyes widen, "What?" I ask shocked. I knew I was going to tell him but now, I couldn't handle that.

"Maya he deserves to know, you made a kid together" she argues, I roll my eyes, "I'm aware Riles just, not yet, I'm not ready" she shakes her head and I look at her confused.

"You hid this I don't know how long, he should know now" she insists.

"I'm going to tell him when I want, and that's not now or today. I'm not ready to face him when I tell him, and Riles I swear if you say anything about this I'll never talk to you ever again" I warn watching her face fall.

"But-" she starts but I cut her off "No!" I snap "Ring power" I say holding my hand up making her sigh.

"Okay" she beathes out.

"I'm sorry Riles" I sigh "I'm just" I trail off looking for the right words.

"Just what?" I look up and see Josh leaning against the door way with a smile on his face.

My heart stops and my stomach churns as I stare up at my boyfriend.

"I thought I heard you" he says my eyes widening "Off course I didn't quite catch what you two were saying" he adds making me let out a breath of relief.

"Maya" he says looking at me, I force a smile, trying to keep whatever is trying to come up, down in my stomach.

"I'll leave you two" Riley says getting up and leaving her room, closing the door behind her.

"You look really pale are you okay?" Josh asks sitting where Riley was.

I nod, "Yeah, I just feel a bit sick that's all" I say making him look at me sceptically, "You've been sick for the past week, you should go to the doctors" I shake my head.

"I'm fine" I wave him off.

"I don't think you are, Maya something bad could be wrong with you" he says looking at me intensely.

"Josh, I'm already taking medication, I just have a shit immune system" I lie.

He sigh and runs his fingers through his hair. "Fine" he sighs.

"I missed you" he admits taking my hand in his. A small smile pulls at my lips as I look down at our intertwined fingers.

"Me too" I breathe out, letting him pull me against his chest. I rest my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.

"It sucks that you're sick" he says before kissing the top of my head. I don't say anything. I just want him to keep holding me.

"Lunch!" Topanga yells from downstairs.

"Come on babe, let's get some food" Josh says letting go of me. I stand up and he does the same, taking my hand before leading me out of the bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey Maya" Topanga smiles once she sees me, "How are you sweetheart?" She asks politely putting a casserole on the table.

I shrug "I could be a lot better" I reply making her face soften, "still sick" she guesses making me nod.