Chapter 39: Congratulations

"You ready baby?" Josh asks as he walks in our bedroom just to find me on our bed holding my dress with tears streaming down my face. "Maya what's wrong?" He immediately asks making his way to my side. "I look ugly in the dress" I cry as another wave of tears fill my eyes and run down my face.

I'm 37 weeks pregnant, my stomach is huge, I look like a whale and I now barely get out of the house because if I stand or walk for too long, my back and feet will officially die. "Maya you aren't ugly" Josh assures me as I look up at him with a glare.

"You don't know how it feels to be this heavy and huge!" I exclaim "I want him out!" I add making Josh take a deep breath. He moves in front of me and takes my hands in his, "Baby girl, you know I love you more than anything. Trust me when I say you are gorgeous, you are probably the most beautiful pregnant woman I've ever seen and I'm not just saying this to make you feel better, I'm saying it because it's the truth" he admits lifting one of his hands to wipe my tears.

"I love you so much baby, don't ever think you aren't pretty because you are far too beautiful" he assures me leaning up to press his lips against mine in a deep passionate kiss.

"Now can you put your dress on so we can go and celebrate you passing into grade 12?" He questions as I look down at the dress in my hands. "Mhm" I hum whilst nodding, "I need your help with the zipper though" I admit as he helps me up. "Of course" he smiles helping me step into the fabric and I pull it up before I turn around and Josh closes my dress.

"You look stunning sweetheart" Josh compliments as I move to the mirror to glance at how I look. He stands behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, placing his hands on my large belly and he kisses my cheek.

~🍼~

"He's having a party of his own right now" I admit feeling Noah move every 2 minutes. We are all at dinner celebrating all of us passing and little Pumpkin made sure he was wide awake to join in on the celebration. "Argh I can't wait to meet him" Riley gushes making me laugh, "Me too" I nod in agreement.

"Anyways mom you wanted to tell us something" I say turning to face my mom on the other side of the table. "Yeah" she says before clearing her throat "This is a moment of celebration and well I thought it would be a good time to mention the play I am in" she explains "As you all know I auditioned for the play Wicked and got casted as an under study for the lead role" she reminds us. "Well there's great news, she got hit by a car and now the parts mine!" She exclaims as the rest of us are still shocked from the fact that someone got hit by a car.

"Congratulations!" Cory shouts ecstatic making the rest of us join in "That's amazing mom!" I admit. "Just to be clear the woman is okay right?" Topanga asks as my mom rolls her eyes and nods "Of course she is".

"When will you be performing?" I ask before taking a sip of my water. "In a week" she answers "We'll all be there" I assure her with a wide smile.

~🍼~

"Can you believe we're going to see this little boy in just two weeks and a half?" Josh asks seemingly taken aback by the question he just asked. Whilst he's probably feeling excited and thrilled to finally meet his son, I am beyond scared and nervous, don't get me wrong I'm happy to finally get him out of me, I don't think I can last another few weeks being pregnant but the whole concept of birth is what terrifies me.

"I'm just glad that I won't be pregnant anymore" I sigh, thinking about how in a few weeks I'll hopefully be able to control my emotions and finally be able to sleep on my stomach. "But I also can't wait to see his little face and just love him for the rest of his life" I squeal making Josh laugh.

"Come on let's finish packing" I say climbing out of bed and holding my hand out for Josh. He clasp his hand with mine and I lead him back to Noah's room where we were packing a hospital bag. I sit on the floor and look at my list, "We still need a few outfits for him" I point out as Josh wanders to Noah's closet. "Anything specific that you want?" He asks glancing at me as I gnaw on my bottom lip.

"The one with his name on it is the one we're taking him home in and pick out a few onesie" he nods and grabs a few piece of clothing for Noah before bringing them to me.

"Thanks" I quip "Could you get my toiletrie bag in our bathroom?" He nods and leans down to kiss the top of my head before padding out of the room. I smile and neatly fold Noah's clothes and place them in the suitcase.

~🍼~

I'm crying, again. Shawn suggested we do some maternity pictures and whilst I'm not exactly comfortable being half naked in front of my dad, the pictures he just took are amazing.

"Baby we still have to take a few more pictures" Josh reminds me as he rubs my back comfortably. "I know" I breathe out lifting my hand and wiping my tears, "It's just that, they look really good and-" I trail off feeling another wave of tears hit me.

I see the boys looking at each other with a weird expression and I groan in annoyance already knowing that I'm acting dramatic. "Both of you don't know how hard it is not being able to control your emotions and having someone flip inside of you every 5 minutes so stop looking at each other like I'm crazy!" I snap taking them both by surprise.

______________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do something you love!

-Mel❤