Chapter 23: Amy and Alan's apartment

"You're mother is going to freak out if she knows you're going there" Topanga reminds me as I just roll my eyes and shrug. "I honestly don't care anymore Mrs. Matthews" I admit before shoving another forkful of eggs in my mouth. "All she's done for the past 2 months is judge, annoy and scream at me because of all my mistakes" I argue "If she isn't willing to help why would I turn down someone who is?" I ask with a shrug.

"Don't worry I completely agree with you sweetheart" she smiles placing a glass of milk in front of me. I shoot her a smile as she continues to talk, "I know she hasn't made it easy on you but don't forget the fact that she is still your mother" she says gently just as Josh comes down the stairs, back from his shower.

"Hey" he smiles taking a seat beside me as Topanga leaves the two of us alone in the kitchen. "Hi" chuckle looking at his messy hair, I lift my hand and run my fingers through his wet hair, brushing it back as I try to style it a bit. "Better" I smile scooting back further to look at him, "Now you look handsome" I compliment causing a smile to pull at his lips. "Why thank you gorgeous" he smirks bowing down making me giggle.

"You ready to go?" I nod as we both stand up making our way outside to walk the 6 blocks to Josh's parents apartment. I was actually thrilled that it wasn't far from the Matthews at all, if I ever did stay there, I could easily walk to see Riley whenever I wanted.

"You aren't cold are you?" Josh asks worriedly as he looks down at me. Although it wasn't smart to walk in New York whilst it was snowing, we didn't really have another choice. It wasn't like my parents were going to drive me there, plus Cory and Topanga were both busy.

"I'm fine Josh" I assure him tightening my hold on his hand. He shoots me a smile as we keep walking. Once we finally make it there, Josh uses the key he got for Christmas to let the both of us in. We reach the tenth floor and knock on the door, seconds later a smiling Amy opens the door. "Welcome" she greets opening her arms as she pulls me in for a hug. "Hello Amy" I smile as we pull away, "How are you darling?" She asks curiously as she takes my hand. "I'm doing alright" I answer before she quickly greets her son.

"Please come in" she says moving out of the way to let us in. As we walk further into the house my eyes widen, the front door opened directly to the living room that was conjoined with a gorgeous kitchen. "Oh my gosh" I murmur as I look at the tall windows at the end of the living room. I walk towards it and my breath hitches as my eyes land on the beautiful overview of New York.

"This place is amazing mom" Josh admits turning to face his mother. I turn, looking at the living room, loving the huge grey couch they had, which seemed so comfortable to snuggle and watch a movie in. "Thank you" she smiles "Can I get you anything to drink or eat?" She asks politely "Maybe some hot chocolate?" She suggest making me smile.

"I'd love some" I reply walking towards the kitchen. "Me too" Josh says walking closer to me and placing his hand on the small of my back. "I love how vintage, yet modern this place looks" I admit gazing at the brick wall of the kitchen, which suited perfectly with the black cupboards. "We thought you'd like it" she replies motioning for us to take a seat before placing a bowl of chocolate chip cookies in front of us, as she waits for the milk to get warmer. I shoot her smile as I take a cookie and she keeps talking. "Which is why I suggested for Josh to move in here instead of living in  his dorm room back in NYU. He'd save money, and he'll be able to stay and keep the house clean whilst his father and I go back to Philly from time to time, and of course you'd be able to come whenever you want." She explains simply, pouring us our hot chocolates and handing us our mug.

"But of course he said he needed to speak with you first" she adds gently making my brows furrow, "Why?" I ask turning to face him. "Because I saw how your mom blew up about this idea" he sighs "I thought that if I moved here you wouldn't be able to come visit or stay" he explains making me sigh. "Josh, my mother can't keep us apart okay?" I say softly lifting my hand to caress his cheek, "You can move here if you really want to and if you think it's best" I add honestly.

He smile leaning down to peck my lips, "Okay" he nods. "So you're moving in?" Amy asks hopefully, Josh nods and Amy claps her hand excitedly. "What great news" she says making me chuckle before I take a sip of my warm drink. "This place has 3 rooms, Alan and I took the room downstairs which leaves two rooms upstairs" she explains. "Could we see?" Josh asks making his mother nod, she walk around the corner and towards the wodden stairs leading up. "The stairs lead to this little living room area, I thought it would be a good idea to make it into a small playroom for the kid, although for now we just left the couches" a smile pulls at my lip as I look up to Josh finding him already looking down at me lovingly.

"There's a room on each side, the right is the smallest room with a bathroom" she explains walking towards it and letting us look around. The room is a decent size, and already has a built in closet and an adorable window seat with bookcases around. "It's cute".

"The next room is the master bedroom and bathroom, which would be Josh's once he moves in" she says opening the door to a large room with large windows on one side. "Jeez" I breathe out looking at the comfy bed with the big rug underneath. "It has a walk in closet with a vanity in the corner" she points out motioning to the white door on the right of the room. I walk towards it and open it revealing a deep walk in closet making me gasp. I look to the right and sure enough there's a vanity. "This lace is amazing" I gush turning to look at Josh.

"Mom, how did you and dad afford this place?" Josh asks confused, she shrugs "It was one of your dad's friends apartment, he wanted to get rid of it so he gave us a good price" she explains simply.

~🍼~

Josh and I stayed a while at the apartment deciding when Josh would move in, and how we could help out and no matter what my mom said there was no way she couldn't let me stay here.

"What do you think of the place Maya?" Alan asks with a slight smirk as we eat lunch with them. "It's really amazing" I reply "I absolutely love everything about it" I add making him chuckle. " So you wouldn't mind taking care of it for us whilst we go to Philly?" He questions making me shake my head, "Not at all, I'm very thankful you and Mrs. Matthews went out of your way to help Josh and I, we really appreciated it" I admit honestly making him smile. "We'd do anything to help family" he assures me.

________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions...

Or...

Got a new book for you guys to check out!!

-Mel❤