Chapter 18: Volleyball

"I still don't understand why your doing this" Riley sigh making me groan. Ever since I told her I'd actually participate in sports today, she kept on trying to talk me out of it, saying it was a bad idea, that I'd end up hurting myself and the baby, or that I would throw up. She kept making things up just so I could back out.

"Because it's good for me and you know who" I explain for the thousandth time. "I don't want to be sitting or lying all day. I wanna be active, please let me take advantage of that" I beg.

She takes a deep breath and I think she finally going to agrees with me until the next words leave her mouth, "I don't know, Maya something bad could really happen". I groan and walk away from her, "I'm still doing it, whatever you tell me won't change my mind" I shout over my shoulder before leaving the changing room to go to the gym.

I've been in school for 2 weeks and a half and nobody noticed anything. I'm about 6 weeks pregnant by now and I'm starting to show a little, of course everybody thinks I'm just getting fat. To be honest I'm kind of glad nobody noticed anything yet, I couldn't deal with all of my friends judging me. I obviously made Riley promise me not to tell any of them until I was ready.

I wish Josh was still in high school, having him with me would be so much easier. After thanksgiving we only saw each other on the weekends, or sometimes I'd pass by the apartment to hang out a little, but my mom thought it would be best to stop going there during week days, so now she makes me come home straight from school. It was another of her silly and utterly pointless thoughts that Josh would distract me from my school work. I even had an argument with her when I told her he was actually helping me with my maths, she didn't believe a single word that came out of my mouth.

Although tonight it's Friday and I'm spending the night at the apartment, I told my mom it was to spend time with Riley when in reality I'm going to be spending time with Josh.

"Peaches" Riley says walking up towards me as we prepare to play volley ball.

"Riles!" I snap getting frustrated "Stop worrying so much. Look if it's gets too much I'll stop. I promise" I assure her.

She takes a deep breath but nods nonetheless. "I'm sorry" she apologises "I just really don't want you to get hurt" I nod in understanding, "I know Riles and I love you for it" I smile kissing her cheek before getting into position to start the game.

"See Riles" I smirk, half an hour into the game, "Nothing bad happened" She rolls her eyes making me chuckle before I take another sip of my water.

"Ready girls?" Lucas calls "Yeah" I nod standing up from the bench and going back in front of the volley ball net. "Farkle get you butt over here!" I shout making him groan "Fine but I'm staying behind you. Lucas scares me when he serves" he admits making me laugh. "Okay you baby" he scoffs and rolls his eyes before going behind me.

"Can we start?" Lucas asks looking at everyone for their approval before he serves. After getting a 'yes' from everyone he throws the ball in the air and hits it. "I'm out" Farkle suddenly says making me turn to look at him. "You're-" I get cut off by the ball hitting my head causing me to hit the ground from the force of it.

"Maya!" Riley shouts running to my side. "Ow" I mutter lifting my hand to hold the back of my head. "Are you okay?" She immediately asks as I close my eyes to try and stop the room from spinning.

"I told you this was a bad idea!" She shouts making me groan. "I'm fine Riles" I assure her, waving her off.

"Are you kinding me?" She asks frustrated "You could've hurt the baby" Riley says as her eyes suddenly widen at the realisation of what she just said.

"The baby?" Farkle asks confused looking down at me, his eyes land on my stomach and his eyes widen. Great he knows. "Oh" he says his brows raising.

"What?" Zay questions confused "What do you mean I could've hurt the baby?" Lucas asks looking at Riley whilst holding the ball in his hand.

"Maya's pregnant" Smackle shrugs causing my heart to speed up as everyone's eyes snap into my direction. Here comes the judgement.

"What?!" Lucas and Zay shout in union making me close my eyes.

"Smackle how did you know?" Riley asks confused. "She's been sick for weeks and gaining weight, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out" she answers.

"Maya's pregnant?" Zay and Lucas shout making me groan in annoyance. "Would you shout it louder" I snip standing up and brushing off my bum. "Can we get back to the game?" I ask raising my eyebrow as I try to change the subject but everyone shakes their head.

"Maya when did this happen?" Lucas questions making me sigh "And with who?" Zay adds. "I know we share everything in this group but right now I don't want to talk about it, all I want to do is continue the game" I say trying to walk past them but Lucas and Zay move to stand in front of me, blocking me from going anywhere.

"It's Josh's right?" Zay asks looking hurt. I sigh and look down, unable to answer their question. "I'm going to kill him" Lucas murmurs dropping the ball and starting to walk out of the gym.

"Lucas!" I yell but he doesn't stop, "Lucas stay out of it!" I shout and this time he stops, he turns around and from the looks of his face you can definitely tell he is about 5 seconds into turning into Texas Lucas.

"Stay out of it" I repeat walking closer to him "It isn't his fault" I whisper making him look down at me dissapointedly. "Don't give me that look" I shake my head taking a step back "I've had enough of it" his face soften before he glances at the ground.

"I can't believe it" Zay murmurs before walking out of the gym. "Me either" Smackle adds making me glance at her "Maya I though you'd be-" she starts but Farkle places his hand over her mouth, stopping her from saying anything else.

"I've had enough for today" I murmur before storming out of the gym and out of school, making my way to the Matthew's loft knowing that the one person I want to see is there.

______________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go listen to PARISSSS!!!!

-Mel❤