Chapter 12: First Appointment

Maya's Pov
"Maya" I look up and see a woman with a white lab quote and a yellow file in her hands. "Yes" I stand up and a soft smile pulls at her lips.

"Please follow me" I nod and follow her with everyone behind me. "Please take a seat right here" she says motioning to the hospital bed, as we enter in a room.

"My name is Elizabeth and I'll just ask you a few questions before the doctor comes in" she explains making me nod. She logs into the computer and I glance around the room playing with my fingers to try and calm my nerves down.

"Good, this is your first pregnancy right?" She asks "yes" I answer making her nod as she types my answer into the computer. "When was you're last period?" I bite my lip and try to work out when I last had it.

"I'd say about a month and a few weeks, I'm not really sure" she nods. "Have you had any symptoms?" I nod "Some morning sickness" I shrug "Oh and her appetite did increase" Topanga adds making me bite my lip. Do I really eat more?

The nurse keeps asking me questions and I get through them as best as I can.

"Very well, the doctor will be with you in a few minutes" she explains standing up and leaving the room. I let a breath out and Josh comes towards me. "I thought she was going to judge me for being pregnant at 16" I admit making Josh shake his head.

"Even if she would have been judging you, it's none of her business" he says taking my hand in his. I smile and intertwine our fingers together. "Thank you for being here" I say making him wave me off "I'll always be with you" he says making my heart flutter.

"Hello Maya" the doctor smiles as she walk in, "My name is Mrs. Stanford and I'll be your doctor" she says taking a seat in front of the computer.

"How are you doing?" She asks before looking around "How are all of you doing?" She rephrases "good" Evs exclaims making me chuckle.

"I see you have a very supportive family" she smiles looking back at me, I nod "I'm very lucky" I admit.

"This is Josh, my boyfriend and the father" I say motioning to Josh next to me "This is his sister-in-law, Topanga and her daughter and my best friend, Riley and finally my step-sister, Everleigh" I say pointing to everyone.

"It's very nice to meet all of you" she smiles before turning to look at me. "How are you feeling Maya?" She politely asks.

I take a deep breath "If I have to be honest, I could be better" she nods "It's just the morning sickness is exhausting" she nods in understanding "Being a mother at a young age is going to be very tough" she admits "but with the support you have, I'm sure you'll go through you're pregnancy just fine".

I take a look at everyone and a smile pulls at my lips. Everything is going to be fine, right?

"Okay well let's see your little baby, shall we?" I nod vigoursly and she turns around in her chair to get some equipment.

"So, I'm going to need you to lift up your shirt, and I'll put some of this gel on your stomach and with this wand we should be able to see it, how does that sound?" she questions making me chuckle, "Pretty cool" I admit.

I lift my shirt up and she squirts some gel on my stomach. She places the wand on my stomach and gently moves it around. I look up at Josh and find him biting his lip as he looks at the screen.

"There's your baby" she smiles making me glance at the screen, "Right there" She points making my eyebrows furrow "That little thing?" I question "Yeah" she smiles looking at me "It's so small" Josh smiles "That's because I'd say Maya is only 3 weeks into her pregnancy" she explains.

"Would you like some pictures?" She asks making me nod "That would be great".

~🍼~

"Can you believe it?" Josh asks as he admires the ultrasound picture. "What that we're officially having a baby?" I question as he looks down at me.

Right now we're cuddling in bed after having some lunch, we both wanted a bit of peace and quiet and there's nothing better than cuddling with your boyfriend.

"Yeah" he nods softly. I sigh and glance at the picture before shaking my head "It's kind of weird, I really can't believe that right now, there's our little baby in my stomach" I say placing my hand on my stomach.

"Well it's barely the size of a peanut right now so I'd say it's kind of normal that you don't feel like you have a baby in you" he chuckles.

"True" I agree with a smile. He shakes his head in amusement and kisses my forehead. "Before you go back to your place, will you go to Philly with me tomorrow night?" He asks "I kinda want to tell my parents before Thanksgiving" he admits "Just you know, in case they don't handle it well, I don't want to cause a whole scene" he explains making me nod.

"I'll go" I agree making him smile "Great, we'll leave around the afternoon" I nod and sigh. "Do you think they'll handle it better than my parents?" I ask curiously glancing up at him.

He shrugs "I'm actually not sure, they might be mad but after they'll see our cute little babies face, I believe everything will be forgiven" he says causing a soft smile to pull at my lips "You really think so?" He nods and tighten his grip around my waist "I know so, don't worry Maya your parents won't stay mad forever" he assures me.

___________________________
If y'all liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go check out ILoveReytonAndRucas, I made her some book covers and it would be awesome if you could go and check her books!

-Mel❤