Chapter 33: The perfect name

"How about Jackson?" I suggest looking up from my phone to glance up at Josh, "We could call him Jack for short" I add as he seemingly thinks over the idea. It's been a week since we found out the gender and all I've been thinking about is it's name, I love calling him Pumpkin and baby boy but Josh and I need to start thinking of a real name. "Jackson Matthews" he tries before shrugging, "It's not a bad name but I'm not sure" he sighs, "You're throwing all these names at me and I don't know which one is the one" he admits frustratingly as I smile.

"I'm sorry baby" I apologies caressing his cheek, "I just want to get a name picked out for him" I explain softly, "Just tell me if one feels right" he nods and I lean forwards to press my lips against his for a soft kiss. "Elliot Hunter?" I suggest as Josh quirks a brow at me "Hunter?" He questions confused "Isn't he taking my last name?" He asks as I bite my lip. I wanted our baby to have his last name but there was a part of me that was still scared that Josh and I wouldn't end up together and that I would eventually raise our son alone. It was a fear I never mentioned to Josh because I knew he'd get mad and start telling me that there's nothing that can get in between us, but those are just words and I'm sure my father said the same thing to my mom and look at where he is, gone with another family.

"Yeah, sorry" I say shaking my head, it's pointless to argue with him and anyways I was enjoying my time with him at his place. We were both free so I took advantage of that and went over to his place, Amy was here and we told her the news that she was going to have a grandson and she couldn't be more thrilled. Whilst we both were snuggled on the couch with a movie playing she was making Lunch and from what I'm smelling I think she's making something with Chicken and Pasta.

"Elliot Matthews?" I quirk a brow at him as he takes a few seconds to think, "Not bad" he admits "So that's a maybe?" He nods and I smile writing it down on the list of possible names we have so far, and those are Jonah, Archie, Arthur, Jackson and now Elliot. All of those names were nice but as we went through around a thousand names none stood out to us yet.

"Josh" Amy calls catching her son's attention, "Your father seems to need your help at the stores, would you mind going?" She asks holding her phone in her hands as she wants for his answer. He looks down at me and I nod, "Go" I whisper making him smile, "Not at all" he answer as I sit up from my position in between his legs. "He's on his way" Amy says on the phone before saying goodbye and hanging up, "I'll be back soon baby" Josh assures me leaning down to peck my lips. "Okay" I breathe out happily as I watch him leave.

I stand up from the couch and pad over to the kitchen where I find Amy adding the final touches to the chicken Alfredo she was making. "Smells delicious" I compliment taking a seat at the bar stool, "I'll fix you a plate in a few minutes" she smiles making me chuckle "Thank you" she waves me off.

"I heard you and Josh were discussing names" I nod humming in response, "We've thought of a few names but none of them stood out to us yet" I explain as she nods in understanding, "I remember the struggle I went through to name my kids" she chuckles, "Especially with Josh's name. I had so many names and I didn't know which one to choose but when I read that Joshua meant 'he who saves' I knew it was the one" she smiles remembering "Alan and I weren't getting along very well before Josh came along and deep down I knew that Josh was going to save our family, and he did" I smile as she hands me a plate of pasta with Chicken Alfredo.

I shoot her a smile before digging into my food as she serves a plate for herself. "What names have you thought of?" She asks curiously taking a seat next to me, "Jonah, Archie, Arthur, Jackson and Elliot." I list as she nods "Have you thought of Noah?" She asks but I shake my head, "Noah means to comfort, it was one of the names I wanted to name Josh" she admits. "Noah" I murmur testing the name as my heart skips a beat, it's a beautiful name and it reminds me of Noah's ark and how he saved all the animals in his boat, maybe Noah could save us.

"Noah Matthews" I grin, it's perfect, I just hope Josh thinks so too. "I actually really like that name" I admit seeing her smile "I'll have to ask Josh what he thinks but it's definitely one that I'd want" I add as she nods in understanding. "Any middle name picked out?" She questions as I bite my lip, "I actually haven't told Josh about it but I do have one in mind" I admit. I had thought about it ever since Josh found out I was pregnant, I told myself that if I had a boy that I wanted him to have Josh's name. Going back to my insecurities if Josh ever left, I'd have a part of him through our son and even if he didn't leave if our son carried his name it'd mean the world to me.

"I was thinking about Joshua" I admit causing her eyes to widen in surprise, "You want to add Josh's name to his?" She asks a wide smile pulling at her lips, it seems as she really liked that idea and I just prayed Josh did too. I nod "Josh means everything to me and I feel like putting his name with whatever name we choose is perfect, I just hope Josh agrees" her face soften and she reaches for my hand. "He'll love it" she assures me.

~🏍~

"I have a name that I really like" I admit sitting criss cross on Josh's bed as I watch him clean around his room. "Yeah?" He questions "What is it?" He asks turning to look at me, "Noah" I say proudly "Your mom actually suggested it, apparently if you weren't named Joshua you'd be named Noah" I admit as he arches his brow. "And that name reminds of of Noah's ark and how he saved all the animals, it got me thinking that maybe if our little Pumpkin is named Noah he could save us from all this family drama" I explain as Josh's face soften, "And it sound good with Matthews" I add as Josh walks towards me.

"It's a good name" he compliments sitting next to me, "And it certainly goes with Matthews" he smirks grabbing my waist and pulling me on his lap. "Do you like it then?" I ask hopefully and he nods making my heart skip a beat, "I do, it certainly one that speaks to me more" he admits. "I also have a middle name to go with" he raises his brow looking at me expectantly, "That middle name that I chose, I wanted it because it actually means a lot to me and I wanted it to be a part of our son" I explain as he nods in understanding, "Let's hear it".

I take a deep breath and reveal the name, "Joshua" I say, he furrows his brows in confusion before they widen "You want to put my name?" He asks shocked, I nod lifting my hand to caress his cheek, "Mhm" I hum, "I adore your name and you mean everything to me, I want our son to carry your name" his eyes fill with tears and my face instantly soften, "Baby, why are you crying?" I ask suddenly worried.

"Because I love you so much and everything you do just" he trails off quickly wipping a tear that escape, "You have no idea what you mean to me Maya" he admits as he gazes at me lovingly, "Everything you've being going through and everything you do, I-I just want to be there for you as much as possible and show you how much you mean to me" my heart swells at his words as I cup his face wiping his tears with my thumb before leaning in and colliding my lips to his in a deep passionate kiss.

"I love you too Josh" I murmur against his lips before parting mine and allowing his tongue to slip inside. "So it's decided then" he says breathlessly as we pull away, "Noah Joshua Matthews" I nod, "It's the perfect name" I admit as he nods in agreement.

__________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Comment what you want to name your kid.

-Mel❤