Chapter 30: Weird day

I'm sitting in history watching Mr. Matthews go on and on about some history fact pretending to pay attention when in reality my mind was far from anything related to history. After Valentine's day we had a few exams in school and all of mine ended a big red C invading each paper. Don't get me wrong I tried to study for them but every time I opened my book I felt sick and ended throwing up. Riley also attempted to help me but I just couldn't deal with school anymore.

Being pregnant isn't fun when you're still in school, I'm now on my second trimester and silly me I thought I'd feel better but the reality is that this pregnancy is kicking my ass more each week. Being 15 weeks pregnant is no joke, I officially couldn't wear anything tight or people would get suspicious so my daily outfit always consisted between leggings and Josh's baggy sweatshirt or a dress.

I discreetly place my hand on my stomach and gnaw on my bottom lip as I think about how on earth I'll finish school. In a few months I won't be able to come to school because I'll be too preoccupied with getting everything ready for the baby, I won't have time to focus on school and exams. I feel tears start to form in the back of my eyes as I suddenly get so overwhelmed, I bite my lip harder trying to distract myself from my thoughts but they're too loud and I can't seem to drown them out.

"Maya!" Cory slightly shouts startling me back to reality, I quickly glance around and find his classroom empty. I look back up at him, my breathing uneven as I blink a few times to understand what just happened. "Are you okay?" He asks worriedly kneeling down next to me. "I-I do-don't know" I stutter feelings tears run down my cheeks, "What's wrong Maya?" He asks as I shake my head and wipe my tears, "Is my life ruined?" I question taking him aback, "I thought I could do this but" I trail off feeling ashamed of myself for thinking of giving up, "Its too much" I admit deciding to let it all out and cry. Cory pulls me in for a hug, rubbing my back comfortably as he starts to talk.

"Being pregnant at your age isn't easy Maya, it's normal too feel overwhelmed, or like your whole life is ruined" he assures me pulling away to look at me, "But you have to stay strong Maya, if not for you do it for the baby. Remember why you're doing this in the first place, remember what's going to come out of it. I know you've been struggling in school and that's normal, I can help you with that Maya and you know it" he smiles "Don't hide yourself away in your room, come to me and I'll help, okay?" I numbly nod as a small smile pulls at my lips.

"Thanks Mr. Matthews" he waves me off and pulls me in for another hug, "You always know what to say". We pull away and he hands me a tissue, "I'll always be here for you Maya, now go find your friends" I nod and stand up, grabbing my bag and walking out of the classroom. I head towards my locker knowing the gang would be there and just as I suspected they are.

"You okay Peaches?" Riley asks worriedly as she pulls me in for a hug, "Yeah" I nod pulling away from her, "Lets go have some lunch" she smiles and takes my hands before we start to walk to the cafeteria.

"Fat ass Hunter" I hear a guy murmur making me stop walking as my eyes widen. "What did you say?!" Lucas exclaims stepping towards the guy, "She's fucking obese" he chuckles pointing at me causing my heart to drop at the exact moment Lucas shoves him against the lockers startling Riley and I, "You say one more word and I'll kill you" Lucas threatens making Zay and Farkle go immediately to his side, "Calm down dude" Zay say softly placing his hand on Lucas's shoulder.

"Apologise" Lucas demands glaring at him, the guy chuckles causing Lucas to release his grip before slamming him back against the lockers, "I won't ask once more" he growls making the guy nod vigoursly "Okay, okay" he breathes out looking at me, "I'm sorry Maya" he apologises making me give him a slight nod. "And?" Lucas presses "You aren't fat, I was just making that up?" He says although it sounded more like a question since he isn't really sure what he should be saying. Lucas releases him and watches him run the opposite way.

"What was that?" I ask crossing my arms across my chest as I look at Lucas, he shrugs and hides his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry but I'm not going to let someone just call you names" he says "You don't deserve that, you're already going through a lot and I don't want you stressing about people bullying you" he adds honestly making me smile. "Thanks" I murmur pulling him in for a hug, "No worries short stack" he teases making me glare at him, he roll his eyes playfully and laugh.

I'm truly lucky to have people who cared about me as much as my friends do.

~🍼~

"Remind me to thank Lucas" Josh says as I talk to him through the phone, I chuckle and nod "I'll try and remember". After my weird day at school it felt nice to be home, snuggled in bed after a warm bath and no homework. "If I ever see that guy I'm going to show him a peace of my mind" Josh admits as I smile, it felt nice to know how much people cared me.

"No guy can talk to my girl li-" he continues but gets cut off by my gasp, "wow" I murmur quickly glancing down at my stomach. "What?" Josh asks confused but I'm too concentrated at my stomach to answer him, "Maya what happened?" He asks again and I furrow my brows, "I think I just felt the baby move" I admit as a smile creeps on my face. "What?!" He exclaims making me giggle, "I don't know, I-I" stutter trying to find the words to explain "Its just feel something, gosh its weird" I admit. "I'm coming over" he says before hanging up the phone taking me aback. I pull away my phone from my ear and glance at it confused, before the same feeling catches my attention.

I place my hands on my stomach and feel the slightest movement causing my whole body to fill with excitement. "Oh my gosh" I giggle before hearing a soft knock on my window, I turn and find Josh waving, I chuckle and get up, throwing my window open and letting him in. Once he's in my room he cups my cheeks and places a sweet kiss on my lips making my heart skip a beat. "Hey" he says breathlessly making me chuckle, I close the window behind him and take his hand leading him to my bed. "Pumpkin is moving" I admit watching Josh smile, "Really?" I nod and lie back down, lifting my shirt. "It feels like small flutters or like bubbles, but if I press your hand down you can definitely feel something moving" I explain as Josh lays on his stomach next to me. "Hi baby" Josh coos "Will you move for daddy?" He asks making me chuckle but stop as soon as I feel the flutters again. I quickly grab Josh's hand and place it on my stomach slowly pressing it down as I look at Josh, I watch as his brows furrow but his eyes instantly widen and a the biggest smile pulls at his lips.

"It's moving" he admits making me nod, "Oh my god" he squeals making me laugh, he leans forwards to peck my lips before kissing my stomach, "I can't wait to meet you little pupmkin" he says before kissing my stomach again, "I love you so much" he admits, "The both of you" he adds.

In this moment I realise how right Mr. Matthews was. This right here, Josh and I getting all excited about our little baby cancels all of the bad things that is happening to me. All the morning sickness and my body changing, all of it is worth it if I'm going to give our little pumpkin a chance at life. I will do whatever it takes to have my pumpkin in my arms, healthy and loved even if it meant getting called names at school or having to work twice as hard to get a good grade.

________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Be kind to people

-Mel❤