Chapter 6: Little Blessing

11.16.17

I feel someone move next to me making my eyes flutter open. I see blonde hair and I immediately realise Everleigh is sleeping beside me. A small smile creeps onto my lips as I watch her sleep peacefully. The first few months when we brought her back all she did was sleep with me.

Sometimes I wonder how cruel people can be and just abandon their own child. Everleigh's mom was a seventeen year old alcoholic who had a one night stand and ended up pregnant.

After delivering Everleigh she decided that she wasn't ready to be a mother and left Everleigh in an orphanage, where she spent most of her childhood before my dad found her.

Another thing I loved about Shawn is that even though Everleigh and I aren't his biological child he treats us no different as to how a dad would treat his own child.

I slowly move a strand of her blonde hair away from her face making my breath hitch when she shifts. And that's when it hits me. I quickly climb out of bed and rush to the bathroom, where I once again lose everything from last night.

I take a deep breath and brush my teeth before walking back to my room expecting to find Evs but I find an empty bed.

I open my bedroom door and pad over to the kitchen but stop in my tracks when I hear Everleigh talk.

"We had fun, but Maya got sick and threw up" she explains. "Really?" My mom asks confused "I thought she was better" she adds.

"She threw up again this morning" Evs says making me sigh. I decide to walk in and when I do all eyes are on me.

"Hey kiddo" Shawn says looking up from the newspaper he was reading. "You okay?" He asks making me slowly nod.

"Hey baby girl" my mom smiles placing a waffle in a plate, "Evs said you threw up again" I nod "Apparently pizza and lemon ice cream is not a good combination" I say making her chuckle.

"Well let's hope your stomach will enjoy some nice breakfast".

~🍼~

Usually it takes me 5 minutes or less to go to Riley. I'm at 10 minutes and I still have a few blocks to walk. I know that once I make it to that apartment there is no going back. I'll have to tell Josh or Topanga will do it herself.

I already delayed myself by deciding to go later in the afternoon, wanting to make it up to Evs for throwing up during our sister bonding night.

I finally make it to Riley's and climb up the fire escape. I climb through her window and find her already sitting and waiting for me.

"Morning" she smiles as I sit down. "Hey" I smile.

"How are you feeling?" She asks curiously.

"Like I'm going to throw up and faint" I admit making her face soften.

"It's going to be okay, you still have me and my mom" she assures me.

"If things don't go smoothly can I stay at urs tonight? I don't think I'll be able to handle being alone" she nods "Absolutely".

I take a deep breath and bite my lip. "Can you get him for me?" I ask making her nod and stand up.

"Good luck" she smiles before pulling me in for a hug.

"Thanks" I slightly smile before watching her walk out of her room.

I hear her call out for her uncle and my heart starts beating faster. I look down at my hands and start scratching the nail polish off of my fingernail in an attempt to keep my mind busy and for my heart to beat slower.

"Hey" I look up and see him with a small smile pulled at his lips. He closes the door behind himself and sits next to me.

"Riley and Pangers told me that you have something important to tell me and warned me to think before letting any words out of my mouth to avoid doing something stupid" he says and if what I was about to tell him wasn't a big deal I would laugh.

He looks at me and furrows his eyebrows, "This is really serious isn't it?" He questions making me nod as I try extremely hard not to cry.

"Before I tell you I just want you to know that I'm really sorry" I say looking up at him.

"I really didn't mean it for it to happen" I let a few tears fall not being able to hold them back anymore.

"Maya" he whispers cupping my face and wiping my tears away.

"What's going on?" He asks confused as he looks into my eyes.

"Do you remember the Halloween party?" I ask wondering if he actually remembers using a condom or not.

He nods "When we went back to my place and" I trail off "do you remember if you used a condom or not?" I ask making him look down as he thinks about it.

"Um" he rubs the back of his neck, "Is it bad if I don't remember?" He asks looking back at me.

I sigh and shake my head "To be honest it doesn't really matter because it can't change what happened" I admit seeing his eyebrows furrow.

I sigh and reach for my back pocket. I pull out the pregnancy test and hand it out for him to take. He looks at it confused but softly takes it out of my hands.

Luckily I brought the test that said 'pregnant' on so he shouldn't be so confused. "What?" He looks back up at me.

"I'm pregnant" I muster out letting more tears fall. His eyes widen and he stares at me in shock.

After a few minutes of silence I can't take the silence anymore and I want him to say something. Whether he wants to scream at me for letting this happen or say he doesn't want to deal with this. I want to know what's going through his mind.

"Josh" I say making him blink a few time like he's coming back to reality, "Say something" I beg.

He opens his mouth to say something but no words come out.

"Come on" I groan "Scream at me, yell, tell me it's all my fault!" I shout getting frustrated.

"I ruined your life and I know you hate me, but I'm not giving up the baby, I'll understand if you want to stay as far away from me as possible-" I ramble, tears falling as fast as the words are coming out of my mouth.

"Maya" he stops me placing his hand on my cheek making me immediately stop rambling.

"Calm down I don't hate you" he assures me as I wipe the tears that are falling.

"And I don't blame you" he adds "Making a baby requires two people, and if I remember it well, I helped" he says rubbing his thumb across my skin with the hand that's holding my cheek.

"Come here" he pulls me into his arms and I sit on his lap. I lay my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. "If you need to blame someone it should be me" he admits making me look up at him "I shouldn't have gotten drunk at a party nor should I've had sex with you whilst being drunk" he says moving some hair away from my face.

"That just lead to the inevitable" he admits.

"We're placing blame for making a baby" I say feeling extremely guilty.

"We made a human together, but it's not unwanted" he says making me smile.

"Really?" I question making him nod.

"Of course" he smiles looking at me lovingly "Even though it's not an ideal option to have a baby right now, considering you're only 16 and still in high school" he shrugs.

"It's a little blessing" he smiles.

___________________________
I wrote this chapter like 6 times, I was soooo picky on Josh's reaction. Tell me if you approve of it!!!

Vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Spread kindness 💕

-Mel❤