Chapter 32: What's your guess?

"Are you going to stay the night" Topanga asks with a wide smile during dinner. After a long day of school it felt nice to be back at the Matthews to have some dinner, not to mention that I was starving, my appetite seemed to have increase more than usual and if I continue eating this much I was sure to gain way too much weight. "Probably" I quip in before stuffing my face with a forkful of pasta coated with a delicious chicken carbonara sauce making Topanga chuckle.

"You too Josh?" She questions as she glances at her brother-in-law, "Um would that be okay?" He asks worriedly making Topanga nod vigoursly, "I certainly wouldn't mind" she admits, "Josh you know you're always welcome here" Cory adds making Josh smile. "And anyways it'll be easier if we're all at the same place tomorrow morning since we have to leave for the appointment" Topanga reminds us.

Tomorrow is finally the day that Josh and I will find out if our little pumpkin is a girl or a boy, and as excited as I can be I'm also nervous. I don't have a preference, I wouldn't mind having a girl or a boy but just having that little piece of information will change everything. It'll get me emotionally ready for what I have to face and it makes it more of a reality. "You're still okay with taking us?" Josh asks curiously. Another downside of being a young couple who's expecting, we're both in school and we don't have a car, so we rely quite a bit on our family to take us places.

"Of course" she assures us, as I move my plate to get another serving, "Maya I wouldn't if I were you" she says making my gaze flicker up to hers, "You've already had 2 servings, if you take another one you'll just fill your stomach way too much and you'll end up sick" she explains making me sigh. She was right, this past week I always ate till I couldn't anymore and it never ended well.

"Eat ice cubes they help" she smiles giving me a wink. I nod and finish my glass of water. "I'll try".

~🍼~

"So what's your guess?" Josh asks curiously as his gaze stay fixed on my stomach. I'm 19 weeks pregnant and my stomach has increased a bit as it started to look like a proper baby bump. Hopefully by that time I'll pop I'll be studying at home instead of going to school. I really want to avoid the stress and anxiety of getting bullied at school because I got knocked up. Plus it'll be way easier for me especially because I'll have Mr. Matthews as my tutor.

"Hm" I hum thinking for a few seconds as I watch Josh absentmindely draw random patterns on my stomach as he waits for my answer. "Girl" I answer making him look up at me with a smile, "Really?" I shrug "In my family were mostly girls so I'm guessing that there could be a higher chance that pumpkin can be a girl" I explain "But you see in my family we're mostly boys" Josh smirks "So you're guessing a boy?" He nods before kissing my cheek, "I wouldn't mind if it was a girl, don't get me wrong a mini Maya would be adorable but I'm more sure it'll be a boy" I smile "A mini Boing" he chuckles "I certainly wouldn't mind that" I admit turning on my side so I'm facing him. "Yeah?" He questions leaning down to peck my lips. "To be honest I just want pumpkin to be healthy" I admit lifting my hand and running my fingers through Josh's dark brown hair. "Me too" he quips before giving me another soft kiss.

~🍼~

"It's a boy" Josh assures her making me roll my eyes and shake my head, "No it's not so get ready to get proved wrong because it's a girl" I smirk making him glare at me playfully. We're in the hospital's waiting room and Topanga asked as what she thought the gender was going to be and of course Josh and I had different thoughts. "Mrs. Matthews what do you think?" I ask turning to look at her, she purses her lips together and furrows her brows slightly as she thinks it over, "A girl" she answers after a few seconds.

"Ha" I breathe out looking at Josh with a smirk. He scoffs and leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest, "we'll see" he mutters looking somewhere else. "I still love you baby" I whisper leaning up to kiss his cheek, he bites his lip to stifle a smile and wraps his arm around me. "Maya Hunter" the nurse calls making my heart jump, here it goes. Josh and I stand up, and he slips his hand into mine, during the car ride Topanga revealed that she was going to stay in the waiting room as she wanted Josh and I to be alone. "Good luck honey" she says giving me a soft smile, I blow her a quick kiss before following the nurse to the exam room.