Chapter 17: Selfish

"Good Morning" Amy smiles brightly as she sees me walking down the stairs, "Morning" I breathe out before taking a seat at the bar stool. "Juice?" She asks turning to face me, I give her a slight nod and she hands me a cup of orange juice.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Are you having a rough morning?" She asks leaning against the counter. I take a sip of my drink and shake my head. "I don't really want to go back home" I admit making her brows furrow.

"Why is that? Aren't you happy to go back to your little sister, your parents, Riley" she lists making me nod. "I am" I agree "But ever since I announced that I was pregnant everyone just changed, they talked to me differently, they act around me differently. The only person who hasn't really changed is Everleigh, but she's little so I'm pretty sure she still doesn't really understand what's happening" I explain making Amy's face soften as she comes around the corner to take a seat next to me.

"It's because it's still all new to them honey" she assures me but I shake my head "My mom hates me" I cry letting a few tears fall "She-she hates Josh and she hates the baby" She pulls me against her and starts to rub my back comfortably. "There, there sweety" she whispers letting me cry.

"She doesn't hate anybody, she's just disappointed and worried" she assures me. "I'll tell you what" she starts, pulling away slightly so I can look up at her. "Whenever you can and want to, you can always come and stay here with Josh". A smile pulls at my lips and I let a few more tears fall, "Thank you" I muster out before another wave of tears start falling causing Amy to pull me back into a hug. 

"Oh the hormones" she chuckles.

~🍼~

By the time we arrive in New York everybody is taking a nap except Topanga who is too busy cooking food. Maya's parents aren't here yet making both of us extremely relieved. I look down at Maya and smile, we're both lying on my bed, Maya's head is on my chest and my arms are wrapped around her. She said she was tired and wanted to take a nap but ever since we both layed down she kept playing with my fingers letting me know she was far from sleeping.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask softly, knowing that if she couldn't  sleep, something is on her mind. "You" she whispers making my brows furrow.

"Me?" I question. She looks up and smiles before nodding. "What about me?" I ask running my fingers through her blonde locks causing her to close her eyes and hums in delight. "I was just thinking about how incredibly amazing you are" she admits with a bright smile. "And ho-" she continues but gets cut off by my bedroom door being thrown open and a overly excited little blonde girl comes rushing in.

"Maya!" She squeals climbing onto my bed and throwing herself at Maya. My eyes widen and I'm quick to sit up and catch her before she hurts Maya.

"Everleigh" I warn causing her bright blue eyes to meet mine. "You can't just jump on Maya like that. You know she has a little baby in her tummy, you remember right?" She nods looking back at Maya.

"You could've hurt the baby. I know you're excited to see your sister but be more gentle sweety" She nods and wraps her arms around me.

"Sorry" she apologises before letting me go and going to over to Maya. "Hi" she squeal as wraps her arms around Maya, "I'm missed you so much" she admits making Maya tighten her arms around her little sister. "Me too sweety".

"What about me did you miss me?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest as I look at the two of them. Everleigh giggles and nods, "of course" she assures me making me smile, "Good because I missed tickling you" her eyes widen and within seconds I have her in my arms and I start tickling her.