Chapter 24: Packing & New Year

"Thank you for breakfast but I have to go" I say standing up from the bar stool and taking my plate to the kitchen sink. "Where are you off to?" My mom asks curiously making me sigh. "I'm helping Josh move out" I explain simply trying to get out of the house as fast as I can but of course with my parents it's impossible. "Where is he moving to?" My dad asks making my brows furrow, didn't he remember Amy and Alan getting a house here?

"He's moving into the apartment his parents bought" I answer making his brows raise, "So he's going to live with his parents again?" I slightly nod. "His parents aren't always going to be here but yes, can I go now?" I ask impatiently.

"Can I help?" Everleigh asks with a wide smile, "Sure sweety" I agree, I wasn't going to turn down more helping hands.

"You do realise you can't help him" my mom interject making me glance at her, "What do you mean I can't help him?" I ask already getting frustrated with her. "I'm saying being pregnant means no heavy lifting, you'll hurt the baby. Might as well stay here since you won't actually help out" she shrugs making me roll my eyes.

"Since when do you care about the baby" I murmur causing her to glare at me, "You young lady are not allow to speak to me like that" she shouts angrily. "I'm going" I say before she gets another word out. I take Evs hand and lead her outside of the apartment and to NYU to Josh's dorm.

~🍼~

After a 10 minute walk we finally reach Josh's dorm room. Everleigh knocks and the door flies open with an exhausted Josh. "Everleigh!" He shouts kneeling down and opening his arms with a wide smile. She giggles and throws herself against him, I smile watching the two of them as he stands up picking her up in his arms. "Hey gorgeous" he breathe out leaning down and placing a quick kiss on my lips. "Ew" Evs says once we pull away, her nose scrunched up in disgust.

I roll my eyes playfully and Josh chuckles. "You here to help Evs?" he asks letting me in before he closes the door. "Yeah" she answers looking around the room. "That's amazing, because we need an extra pair of hands, especially tiny little ones like yours" he teases taking her hand and kissing it repeatedly. She giggles and squirm trying to pull her hand away from his grip, "Stop" she laughs wiggling.

"Okay" he laughs letting go of her hand and placing her back on the floor, "So" he sighs rubbing the back of his neck, "I've already done half of my room, all that's missing are my clothes, school stuff, and a few random things laying around" he explains making me nod.

"Easy" Evs says placing her hands on her hips, "Can I do your school books?" She asks hopefully. "Sure" Josh agrees handing her an empty box "Make sure you don't bend the papers" he adds.

~🍼~

It's been almost three hours since Evs and I got here and we only had to pack pictures and trophies Josh has laying around, then we we're officially done. "Thanks for helping me pack" Josh whispers trying not to wake up Everleigh who fell asleep on his bed. "You know I'd do anything for you, even if that means packing" he chuckles a shoots me a soft smile. "What?" I ask after a few long seconds of him just staring at me. He shrugs keeping his gaze on me, "You're just gorgeous" he murmurs making my heart swell, "And I love you so, so, so" he continues leaning forwards until our foreheads are pressed against each others. "Much" he finishes softly brushing his lips against mine causing me to lean forwards, capturing his lips on mine. His lips are warm and soft against mine I can't help but wrap my arms around his neck, trying to pull him closer to me. He pushes the box in between us to the side and grabs my waist pulling me against him as I straddle him.

The kiss deepens and all sense is being thrown out of the window as we get so consumed with one another. The fact that Everleigh was just next to us slipped my mind as all I could think about is how much I want Josh. I let a soft moan tumble from my lip, feeling his tongue slide against mine.