The air was filled with a hot waves of smoke and sweat.The fight raged on just a few blocks to the west but for Phoenix Delta it was all but over.
"Commander...Commander come in" Vrtra, a exo warlock paused over her communication set only to be greated with fiz and cracks of white noise "crap!" She shouts slamming the set to the ground.
"He'll be okay V this is Karlio we're talking about" Ryder, a exo hunter says trying to calm the team. She kicks her helmet into the ally, before slouching down against a wall.Leonite, a human titan sighs "I hate it when she gets like this" he says softly trying not to be heard."shes a warlock what do you expect" Ryder laughs lightly "shes just worried".
The air falls silent as a blast of red light erupts into the sky. "Thats the signal" Leonite remarks "you good to go Vrtra?".
"Yhere...lets get this done and over with" she stands grabing her hand canon from the side of the road.her face is blank with emotion the only resemblance of it is the scarlet light reflecting in her eyes.

"Shit.....shes mad..." Ryder hisses quitely to Leonite. A small smirk apearing on there faces. They follow after her a somber mood between them all. "Lets go hunting" Ryder says with a grin."damn right" vrtra says slowly starting to soften towards them as they turn the corner.
"Amen. Man. Amen..." Leonite replys giving Ryder a fist bump.Several miles later they come upon an small ally only lit by a acsess light on the far right."Phoenix delta, this is cayde6 i'd really like to know how those codes are coming on" cayde says with some urgency over the coms the faint sound of gun shots in the background.

"We're now coming onto the ally sir shouldn't be to much longer" Vrtra says back calmly."Well hurry up!" Zavala boosm in there ears.
At this the 3 slowly start to make there way into the ally,guns at the ready."Vrtra?" The kind voice of Ikora says over the coms.
"Yes Ikora" vrtra's voice seems to soften at the presents of her vanguard."Why have you got the coms wheres commander Karlio?" She questions already knowing the answer."We lose him... myself, Leonite and Ryder21 are the only once left."Damn..." Cayde silently chimes in.A shadow seems to fall over the once 12 strong team setting the somber mood once again.
Vrtra takes a breath..."never the less I know we can still do this" she smiles looking back at her team.
"Thats good to hear Vrtra. Come home safe..." Ikora says before signing off.
Leonite beams with confidence as the 3 of them advance into the shadows the the citys underbelly.