The doors to Rasputins core mind opened with a hiss as Ana punched in her access code, a familiar figure stored out of the darkness.
"Hello guardian" Zavala says sternly. "Ow sssss...shanks" Ana says under her breath."What do you think you three are doing?" Zavala asks.
The three exchange startled looks as Vrtra comes sprint in through the doors, "C..Commander...please let me explain" She says through sharp intakes of breath. "You better do it quickly..." He demands.
"We believe the worm god Xol i trying to attack The Warmind Rasputin, we cant let that happen sir. We loss this asset we will have nothing to protect us... were weak sir... after the Red Legion... well to be frank sir we need all the help we can get and we cant get help from something thats been destroyed..." Zavala face twists in anger as he stairs down Vrtra. She stands straight staring right back at him. "Please sir...let us do this" Vrtra's eyes burn an orange Ryder swore hed never seen before, like the heart of the sun. "Do you understand how dangerous Rasputin in?" Zavala asks intently.
"What where you doing with Rasputin" Ana answer with another question.
"The Warmind is Vanguard business Anastasia not yours...you dont belong here" he glares at her.
"Excuse me!" Ana snaps forcing the others to step back.
"You belong to the city...where were you when Ghale attacked...you should of been helping your brother and sister but no...you where here!" Zavala commands.
The fireteam lower their faces remembering what happened to all the people they cared about.
"I came here to do whats right...to protect humanity...isnt that what guardians do?" Ana shouts back at him, "this is a war of many fronts...and there is more then one way to fight it Zavala".
"And you think Rasputin is the answer? " Leonite asks.
"Rasputin is a broken weapon..." Vrtra answer solemnly.
"yes...its to dangerous to be left alone...and to unpredictable to wield" Zavala agrees with Vrtra.
"But what about him...you asked him what he wants..." Ana pleads.
"I dont have time to go through this again...you dont have the right" Zavala sighs.
"I have every right...you dont understand our connection...here let me show you..." she goes to open the final door to Rasputins chamber as a deafening roar echos through the room.
"If you are to do this...then I believe you best go down to the EDZ there is something there that Xol will not resist, I suggest you go get it" he looks over to the fireteam.
"Also quite question...how did you get up here so fast" Ryder asks Vrtra.
"What you 3 didnt think to use the support on the side of the building" she chuckles slightly.
The group go set off to the Edz...
"Vrtra..." Zavala asks.
"Yes sir..." she answers.
"I want you to stay here...I shouldnt tell you this but from the Clovis Bray data files. I believe you had an important role here...that and i want you to keep an eye on Anastasia." He asks.
"You want me to be a spy" she accuses slightly.
"You where a Hidden where you not...should come naturally" Zavala smirks back before leaving.