------1 Month Earlier ------

"How long do we have to patrol the frontier for now?" Vrtra asked.
"I don't know why your complaining? I have to do this weekly. At least we get some Ramen after this with Leonite" Ryder replied.
"Shame he's got Wall Duty. He always liked these patrolling , just not patrolling the Wall” Vrtra said glumly.
The two kept walking for a good distance until Ryder stopped suddenly
“What’s wrong?” Vrtra asked looking concerned.
Ryder’s eyes shifted left to right. His helmet then appeared over his head
“Get down!” Ryder then ran and tackled Vrtra to the ground as a bullet went through his shoulder
Vrtra places a hand on ryders chest to steady before let off a few of shots from her hand canon into the forest.
“Allia, perform a scan to identify the target” Vrtra said to her Ghost as she tried to get Ryder to safety so that his Ghost could heal him
“Got it Vrtra!” Allia then sent out a blast of blue energy to scan whoever was taking potshots at them
“What is it?” Vrtra asked as she shot back.
“V we need to run now” Allia replied.
“Why what is it? Tell me!” Vrtra shouted quickly
“This bullet...it’s ... Allia’s right we need to get out of here now!” Ghost yelled.
“Someone tell me what the hell is happening!” Vrtra yelled.
“You’re about to die” A deep voice spoke.
Vrtra felt the barrel of a gun against the back of her head
“Who are you?” Vrtra asked with her voice as cold as ice.
“A Shadow. You’re Guardian ‘Angel’ you could say” The voice spoke in a grave and almost sarcastic voice
“Ghosts. If I were you I’d go and hide , while your at it turn off your coms. This is a private conversation” The voice added.
Ghost and Allia then cloaked themselves when Vrtra nodded in agreement. She then looked at the bullet that Ghost had taken out and her eyes widened when she saw the carved and spiral design of it.
“Your meant to be dead” she said in fear.
“I guess I’m just as tedious as you Lightbearers to put down” The voice snapped.
“If the stories are true then you were one us once a upon a time!” Vrtra snapped back.
“No! Do not compare me to him!” The voice shouted as he pushed the barrel closer to her head.
"What do you want...Yor?" his name was like paint stripper to her through.
"For you to know whats coming...
You are fire. I am ice. Your touch is warm...mine not so nice...youd be the sun...id be the moon...youd give them light and that light, id remove. You are air and i am water...you help them breathe...while ill pull you under" his rhyme echoed in her mind...and it did so long after he was gone...with out another word or trace...