 Lashing Out

Nahmir walked into the house, sluggishly. It was late at night and he was tired from swanging dope.

After locking the front door, he walked straight to the basement and sat the duffle into the safe. He had collected five thousand and six dollars, exact.

He went to check on Zahmir before going to his and taking a shower. Zahmir was sprawled out, sleeping on his back.

Nahmir continues to his own room and taking a shower before getting in bed.

The 'Opening' ringtone from his phone sounded off, indicating it was time for school. Nahmir quickly taps stop and sits up, running his hand through his dreads. He stares at the wall before yelling, "Zahmir, wake up!"

"I'm up, damn!" Zahmir had woken up at the same time he did. Though, he was still laying in bed.

"I don't hear you standin' from the bed!" Nahmir stood and walked out his room.

Seeing Zahmir in his bed, Nahmir snatched the cover off him.

"Bruh, stop! I don't want to go to that shit hole today-it's a monday, too? Let me stay," Zahmir snatched his red sheets from Nahmir's grip.

"Bruh, come on! I'm not leaving you here so you might as well forget about it!" Nahmir didn't trust having his only sibling left here in this house he didn't call home.

Zahmir kissed his teeth and stood from the bed, "Fine, man."

With that, Nahmir went to his room, wash his face, brush his teeth and strips from his night clothing into a yellow hoodie that graphically read 'Trapwoods' in the front, light blue Tru Religion jeans, and his white low top Nike AF1's.

He looked in the mirror making sure he looked presentable.

Bags were making themselves a home under his eyes due to stress and less sleep.

He dusts himself off before grabbing his phone and black Versace backpack. He walks downstairs seeing Zahmir dressed in a maroon Nike windbreaker, light denim jeans, and black AF1's.

Zahmir picked his backpack from the fuzzy couch and head out with Nahmir into a BMW.

Walking into the school, they both part ways mumbling, "See you at lunch."

"Nahmir~!" a girl called out, walking towards him. He snapped his head towards a lightskin, green eyed, Carlie Hampers.

Zahmir looked back and gave Nahmir a stale frown with teeth, before tending to his own route of business.

"Oh my gah," he murmured, walking fastly in a different direction, "fuck she want?"

Carlie was a girl Nahmir used to mess with, heavily. They done everything together, but it was artificial love. Carlie claimed to love him, but she was loving the whole football team. He'd done everything for the girl, but at the end; she didn't appreciate it.

"Nahmir, stop walking so fast!" Carlie caught up with him at his locker.

"What do you want, Carlie?" Nahmir asked, nonchalantly.

"Uhm, I was wondering if y'know, talk about our situation...?"

He glares at her, "There's no situation between us."