 | Thank You

Nahmir opened the backseat door, preparing to carry the medium sized girl into the house

Nahmir opened the backseat door, preparing to carry the medium sized girl into the house. He covered her face as raindrops were falling from the sky, carrying her as a groom would carry their bride.

"What the fuck? Was they selling girl's at the store or something? A darkskin?" Zahmir says confused and bewildered.

"No, I did not buy her. I found her laying on the sidewalk. There was a gang of boy's leaving her behind," Nahmir said, flinching as the girl clutches his hoodie.

"Bro, you didn't... what if she belongs to someone or somethin'?" Zahmir frowned.

"They wouldn't leave her behind if she did. Can you go get the bags out the trunk?" Nahmir said, annoyed.

Zahmir looks at the girl in Nahmirs' arms before walking out to the car and getting groceries.

Nahmir takes the girl upstairs into the guest bedroom and laid her onto the bed's comforter. He slowly eased her Vans off her feet. A piece of gold jewelry caught his attention, it was locked around her left ankle. It was a anklet(as in, a ankle bracelet).

There was three baby cupid charms and the initials, 𐰙&𐰁➳ embelled into the tiny gold plate.

Could she someone's keeper? Who does she belong to if that's the case? Nahmir thought as he stood from the bed. He left the room, leaving the door open.

The girl slowly rise from the bed. She bit her bottom lip, noticing this isn't her home nor bedroom. Her left shin still hurt from hitting the pavement so hard. Timidly, she stood from the bed, rubbing her eyes as she smells food from downstairs. She slowly limps towards the open door, wondering if she should run or not.

The smell of weed hit her nose ever so strongly. It reminded her of her father when he'd used to come home from 'work' and light a pot, inhaling the smoke.

"Is the food done yet?!" Zahmir had yelled from his room. The girl gasped as he walked out his room, noticing her. She quickly hides herself, afraid of what the outcome would be.

Zahmir did a double take, making sure the weed he was smoking on didn't make him hallucinate. Not seeing the girl again, he walked downstairs.

The girl breathed heavily, shaking as if she was beginning to hyperventilate. She held onto the mount that hovers the unlit fireplace to help herself stop shaking. After two minutes, she was normal again.

She sat back onto the bed, not knowing what to do. She didn't jump out the window as it was two and a half stories high, she couldn't run to the front door as she didn't know where it was located, to make a clean run.