 | A Damsel In Distress

Nahmir sat on his bed, pondering on his day at school. He was still mad, of course, but he wondered why was the boy(known as Tay K or Taymor) bothering him.

He didn't know what he was going to endure for the next two weeks in the house alone. He didn't want to stay there, all day everyday.

If Calvin finds out that he's been suspended, lord only knows what'll happen. It's a 97‰ chance that they would call Calvin, though.

Nahmir kicks off his shoes and hoodie, beginning to search in between his king mattress. He found the ziploc bag that was filled with rolled blunts and five lighters.

Opening his window, he takes in the scenery of the forest behind his house. Today was a clean day; meaning no cars parked in the back, no black vans, no bricks of cocaine being carried, and no Calvin-

He heard the front door being slammed whilst taking a puff of his blunt. He was in no hurry to put it out.

"I'm tie'd of that school calling me because y'all wanna do some dumb shit in there!" Calvin curses he makes his way upstairs into Nahmir's room.

-Nahmir guessed he thought too soon.

Calvin stood at the door, staring at Nahmir. Nahmir stared right back at him, blunt in between his thumb and pointer finger.

"I see you in here chilling. Ain't worried about a god damn thing, aren't yah?" Calvin said. Nahmir continues to stare, slowly drifting into his thoughts, drowning him out.

"Come back, boy. Why was you fightin' in class today?! You know I don't like when them folks be calling me!"

"It was his fault," Nahmir took his blunt, shaking the ashes off and taking a drag.

"Who?"

Can he just fuckin' leave? He don't live here. The only time he's here is when he wants to cook dope and have meetings with other druglords, Nahmir thought.

"Boy named Taymor or Tay K whatever the fuck his name is," Nahmir said.

Calvin looked tense for a minute, "Stay away from that boy, you hea'me?"

"Ok," Nahmir bluntly said. Why is he so tense after he said the boy's name?

"Ight. I'm gone need you to go into the basement and check off the number of bricks that's in there. I expect it to be done by the time I get back at '6," Calvin says, walking downstairs, exiting the house.

"I'll do it when I get damn ready. Probably have one of yo' prostitutes to do it," Nahmir murmured inhaling the blunt, once again.

He set a alarm on his phone for : and decided to take a nap.

: PM

Nahmir and Zahmir both walked into the house together. Zahmir burned holes in the back of Nahmirs' head.

"You still ain't tell me why you and Taymor was fightin'," Zahmir said as Nahmir groaned.

"Since you wanna know so bad, the nigga kept fuckin' with me and tripped me; so he had to catch my drift," Nahmir explained, walking into the kitchen.

"...Did you beat his ass?" Zahmir asked, hoping his brother did. Taymor didn't do too much damage to Nahmirs' face. A long scratch went from his left eyebrow to his cheek and a bruise on his jaw.

"He lost a few teeth, I guess you can say that."

"That's my dawg!" Zahmir and Nahmir did their special handshake together, no dancing or anything extra.

"Calvin came in today," Nahmir says as he sucked on a gogurt.

He saw Zahmirs' jaw clenched. Just hearing the man's name mad him vexed.

"What he do, bro'?" he asked.

"Nothing. You the lecture he gives you when you get into a fight or some?" Zahmir nodded his head, "That's what he did. He tensed up when I said ole dude's name."

"Taymor? Why?"

"That's what I want to know."

They sat in silence before Zahmir asks, "You got some more backwoods?"

"Yeah. What, you want a few?"

"Hell yeah," Zahmir laughs.

: PM

"Aye, Zahmir; where's the list? I'm going grocery shopping," Nahmir says as he picks his keys from the white oak coffee table.

"On the Kitchen island!" Zahmir says, high as a kite in his room.

Nahmir picks the list from the table. Zahmir had written the things that were needed.

"I'll be back!" he says, heading out the door.

He knows damned well I'm not getting this shit, thought Nahmir as he seen the extra items on the list.

He pushed the cart into the frozen food section and got the last of what's needed. Going into the chip section, he gotten Zahmir's Takis, Hot Cheetos, and Doritos(he didn't eat junk food) placing them in the cart.

He needed to hurry and get back to the house since it was going on  o'clock. There was probably thousands of bricks in the basement.

He paid for the groceries and put the bags in the trunk. Getting into the drivers seat, he started the engine and began to drive home.

As he was driving, he seen a person laying on the ground, halfway passed out. It was a darkskinned girl with thick, brown hair. He saw a gang of boys walking away, leaving her there for other ruthless heathens to thieve from.

He debated on whether he should help her or not. It was sprinkling water when he stepped out the vehicle.

Tapping her shoulder, trying to wake her up, he felt her neck, trying to see if there was any sign of a pulse.

What should I do? I can't just leave her lyin' here... Nahmir thought.

He then did the unpredictable. He picked her from the ground and placed her in to the backseat. He didn't know how to feel about this at all. He feel as if he was making a mistake, but he brushed it off.

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE!