 | On the Run

Nahmir pulls his phone from his pocket going to Zuziumi's contact. He tried calling her.

"Hello?" her voice rings through the other line.

"Where y'all at? We finna hit you up," Nahmir says as he seen Zahmir come out the food market as head into his own car.

"Should we tell them?" Zuziumi tried to whisper to Pecela, but Nahmir heard clearly. She then muted herself.

"What the fuck?" Nahmir was confused. She then unmutes herself.

"We're at the Grande Vinch Hotel on 32nd Avenue," she told him, nervously.

He was confused, why would they be there?

"Ok-wait, what's the room number?" he asked.

"Room one thirty-six. Please, be cautious when you get here. Look at all your surroundings when you're here, ok?" she pleaded.

"Ight, I got you; don't worry your pretty lil' head off," he assures her.

She giggles, "Ok, I'll see you."

They hang up as Nahmir starts the ignition.

The boy's shut their car doors, jogging up the stairs, looking at their surroundings as it was night time.

Zahmir didn't feel right. It felt as if someone was watching their every move from the second they touchedthe railing to the stairs. He looked down to the first floor, seeing a dark ethnicity from below, watching him with a sinister smile.

Zahmir began to feel lightheaded as his eyes widen. The man was back, ready to hunt him once again. Zahmir shook his head, feeling as if someone was coming after him(in which there was, but this was something different).

Nahmir sensed something wrong with his brother, since he seen the way he was looking down, and his movements were slowed. All of a sudden, he stopped.

Nahmir kissed his teeth as Zahmir was stuck in a trance, looking over the railing to the ground.

"Come on, bro. Now is not the time," he whispers.

"Y-you don't see that? You don't see him?" Zahmir says as he pointed towards a tree.

Nahmir frowned, "See what? I don't see nothin', but a tree."

Then it came to Nahmir. Zahmir was hallucinating again. This only happens when he's stressed or angry. Zahmirs' nose began to bleed. It was humid outside, but this wasn't the case.

Nahmir grabbed Zahmir by his forearm, trying to hurry and find the girl's hotel.

He found the room number and knocked in anticipation. Multiple locks were opening as the door swings open, revealing Pecela.

"Hurry, get inside!" says Pecela as she moves out their way.

Once they were in, Pecela looked at them both. Zahmir stares past her as if he still saw the the man outside. She gasps as his nose drips blood onto his jeans.

"What's wrong with Zahmir?!" she asked as she takes him from Nahmir.

"He's just hallucinating at the moment. He'll be out of it in a lil' bit," Nahmir explained as Pecela sits Zahmir on the bed, wiping his nose with a babywipe.