 | Numb & Pessimistic

"Shit," was all Nahmir could say as they sat in the shadows away from the dangers of being holed.

Zuziumi was scared. She never exprienced a moment like this before. Pecela never let her get her get the chance to endure it.

The scene in from of them was ruthless and cold as bodies dropped to the ground from left and right. Blood covered the stores outside pavement as gunshots could be heard from miles away.

Nahmir seen a crisp blue bandana fall from a boy's back pocket, he was a crip. He couldn't tell who they were fighting against, but boy it was heated.

"Imma get us out of here," he said as he looked behind, trying to see if there was some sort of pathway he could drive through.

Luckily enough, there was. It was a grassy field behind the store with a backroad beside it. Without turning on the headlights, he backed up into the field. A tire screeched, causing attention from the the gang rivals.

"Aye, somebody over there, bruh!" one of the boys yelled as they hopped in their cars, chasing after Nahmir.

"Fuck!" Zuziumi jumped, alarmed as Nahmir yelled. By the time he was at the backroad, they were fire hot on his tail.

"We ain't lettin' no snitch get away!" the boy yells.

Nahmir prayed they wouldn't start shooting because he was in no position to grab a glock from the backseat. Once that one bullet flown through the air, he knew it was time for them to rumble.

"Zuziumi, drive for me!" he yells as she hesitates, but takes the wheel anyways.

He hops into his backseat, going through the collected guns he'd picked from the basement at his old home.

Opening his rear window, his aimed the shot gun at their tires. Since his windows were bullet proof, the bullets bounces back at the person who had shot it.

He pierced bullets in their tires, causing them to deflate, causing the other cars to crash into one another.

Watching the cars flip and crash, Nahmir puts the gun on safety, throwing it to the side. He climbs over the seats to Zuziumi, who was shedding tears as she drove.

"Want me to drive now?" he asked as he began to feel horrible.

"I'm scared," she told him before stopping the car. They switched spots.

"I know and I'm sorry, ok?" he grabs her left hand, caressing it.

He figured she she'd never been in a situation like that where shootouts would happen or a high speed chase would occur. She was sheltered and he knew that.

She nodded, biting her lip, calming down. The rest of the ride was quiet. Zuziumi put her knees to her chest as she hugged the yellow oversized knitted sweater she borrowed from Pecela.

Was this her life, now? Living in danger, afraid she'd be snatched by a gang of ruthless bangers and possibly get raped, then killed. The thought of that made a pang in her heart. Believe it or not, she had a dream about it, but differently. In her dream, she gotten away. This is reality. This possible outcomes were numerous.

They parked in the lot of the hotel. Nahmir almost opened the door, but she stopped him.

"I don't wanna go in yet," she says, making Nahmir puzzled.