Masks

Hello my lovely readers, welcome back to yet another chapter. I'm going to be making things more intense as we go, so sit back and enjoy the ride.
*
"Do you even know where we're going?" Fiona questioned her friend, who had driven past the same Wendy's four times already.

"Does it look like I know where I'm going?" Brooklynn responded, stomping on the brakes in frustration. Kai and Fiona jolted forward before sitting back in their seats.

"Not really," Fiona muttered, "I knew we should've put a tracker in his ass when we had the chance."

Brook ignored Fiona's comment, and turned her attention back to the road.

"I have no fuçking clue where that dumbass is," Brook grumbled, "Can't wait to beat his ass when I find him."

"You and me both," Fiona replied.

"I don't know if this is the best time to say this, but Connor has a tracker on his phone." Kai interrupted, causing both Brook and Fiona to turn back to him.

"He what?" Brook asked, narrowing her eyes at Kai.

"Yeah...I didn't remember until just now," Kai paused, "Sorry."

Brook and Fiona shared a look and then looked back at Kai.

"You're lucky you have a cute face, otherwise I would've dented it." Fiona said to Kai, who flashed her yet another bright smile.

"Glad you think I'm cute," Kai said.

Before Fiona could respond, Brook interrupted them.

"Look, I get you two are ready to fuçk in this corvette, but let's focus on the main task right now. Now Kai, if you don't mind tracking him that would be superb."

"I'm on it, Alpha."

Brook shot Kai a look, he knew how much it irritated her to be called Alpha. Kai on the other hand, flashed yet another smile.

"You're my Alpha, not Connor."

"Kai..." Brook warned, but she knew that's what most of the pack thought. The pack, though loyal to Connor, feared him.

"Brook, you don't understand how relieved I was, along with basically everyone else when we heard you were Connor's mate," Kai said, "I mean come on, you're like a celebrity in the Wolf world."

"Okay buddy, lets not get too excited," Brook replied to Kai.

"Hold up," Kai said, "It shows Connor in the middle of a forest like two miles from here."

Kai held his phone up for Brook and Fiona to look at. And sure enough, there Connor was. Dead center in a forest.

"What the hell," Brook said. She put the car in drive, and drove in the direction of the forest that Connor was at. "I swear to..."

Don't say it, Brooklynn. Brook recognized the Moon goddess's voice in her head and rolled her eyes.

Oh so now you decide to speak. You're late. Brook said in her head. Well since you're here, do you care to help us out a bit?

Silence filled Brook's head, causing her to roll her eyes yet again.

Just please be smart. The Moon Goddess said.

Brook didn't respond as she pulled up to the edge of a forest. She parked the car and turned it off, before sharing a look with both Fiona and Kai.

"Heads up, he's probably a little crazy," Brook warned.

Everyone stepped out of the car, and just stood there. They stared at the dark forest in front of them, a feeling of uneasiness surrounding them.

"Maybe we could save Connor on another day?" Kai asked, trying to step back into the car.