Chapter 3: Jace

Nico POV

As the sun began to set it made our kiss feel even more passionate.  I couldn't believe that this kiss was even happening. Finally we pulled away are breathing heavy from kissing so deeply. "Jace, wait. Ummm... I don't know what to say right now." I am about to lose my cool the way he is bittng his lip as I'm stumbling over my words and thoughts.

Before I could regain my composure, he spoke. "Listen Nico, I don't want you to feel that this is wrong. We can continue this or I can walk away. But there is something I have to tell you."

Before he could continue Delia swims out to where we are standing in the ocean. And then my ol so happy birthday experience was ruined. Because of my best friends words. "Jace, Jace, listen I know you hoes out here having fun an just left me to fall asleep on the beach" she paused an cocked her head in my direction, but then contiued with her speech " But bro Em has been calling like 50 times."  She finished as if she was out of breath. I must have had the dumbest expression on my face because now I understood why she looked at me the way she did. Before I could even rap my mind around my kiss with my "Bestfriends Brother" ..... I blurted out "Who is Em"?.

Jace then turned to me with the sad puppy dog look in his eye and deep down I knew, I knew exactly what was about to come out of his mouth then. I was standing here with my tongue down a guy who has a girlfriend throat. I felt so ashamed, betrayed. Over a kiss with Jace, a kiss with my bestfriends brother, a kiss I could now never tell anyone about. I couldn't turn from his eyes, I just stood there and said nothing. I didn't want to answer. I don't even think I actually wanted to hear the words come out of his mouth. Finally the akward silence was deceased as Delia started to tell the plans for the rest of the night. " Okay, So Nico. The rest of your birthday is about to be sooooooo fly biiish. I can't wait for you to see the dress that I aleeady picked out for you and guess what? . She finished as she looked at me. The only answer I could give was "Hum".....

《《《》》》

I was still so shocked. Delia kept running her mouth about the night as we made are way back home. I didn't say anything.  I didn't even respond to Jaces eyes that followed my every breath.  I only want quiet, I only wanted to be alone an deal with whateer the 3sec fling was that I just shared with Jace. Suddenly a *ping* went off on my phone letting me know I had a new text. I opened it up, and read.......

Jace
"Nico, I am so so sorry. I did not want you to find out this way. I didn't know that I would get to kiss you. This is so confusing, I am sorry to ask but can we just forget about it for right now?.

Was he fucking serious?. Did he really just text me ths bullshit? I was now pissed the hell off. Not only have I been friends with them since I was 6 years old, after everything we had been thru together. I was the last person to know he had a girl and better yet just had my tongue down his throat. Ugh! My mind was doing cartwheels, and trying to find ways I could hide is body in the woods behind my house.

We pulled up in front of my childhood home. I said my goodbyes to Delia and Jace and let them know I would be ready by 9pm for them to pick me back up and to take me to where ever the hell Delia was taking us. I walked im a flopped right on the comfy couch and sighed.. I thought about everything that happened a few hours ago and just cussed my self out. "Nico, get yourself together girl. He is not your man and hasn't been or ever will."! I told myself out loud as I walked the staircase to my shower.