Chapter 19: Our Petals

Nico POV

The bath felt like it lasted for hours. We still hadn't spoken to each other, with just simple commands from him such as 'lift' and now 'step out mate'. Lucien wrapped me up in a fluffy white towel and lead me to the room. When I stepped into the room it was lit with beauitful candles and rose petals across the bed. My heart began to beat fast, I don't know what he was doing all of this for because I knew deep down our ending was coming. Lucien lead me and I followed to the bed he grabbed the lotion and started applying it to my skin as he ran up my leg he moaned an softly caressed it. I could feel my juices began to pump and pulsate with desire. I took my hands and gently placed them on his face and forced his eyes to meet mine, it was time I made him feel like he has made me feel since I first laid eyes on him. This was going to be my game not his, not her, and not theirs.

We locked eyes and his eyes were pitch black, I know he wanted to touch me. I know he wanted to feel me just as much as I want, no craved his touch. Because no matter what we were soulmates and we deserved each other. I eased down to sit upon his lap, and I softly kissed his plump lips. My body was humming and yearning for him to just touch some part of me. I began to slowly rock myself against him and he grabbed my hips and stopped me. "What is it Lucien? Don't you want me like I want you"?. His gazed dropped and I felt the pain RIP right through me I knew exactly what he was going to say and I knew what he was coming to do to me. I quickly got up and grabbed the robe from the bed and I wanted to cry. Why, was this happening every time I thought I could win him and this game he always seemed to throw a wrench in it and beat me first. If he spoke the words to me, the ones I felt that would rip my heart and soul in too pieces there would be no going back for us, there would he nothing for us. I eased myself even further away from him untill my back was at the wall my legs went limp and I slide to the floor. The tears already swelling up in my eyes I looked back to him and his head was still down. "Lucien.. wha.. what is happening... please tell me"!. I was full blown crying and finally I heard his voice. "Nico, I'm so sorry My Beautiful Mate, but tonight will be our last night. I don't want to hurt you or make you feel as less as I have already made you. I want nothing but happiness for you but this, US! We can't be!". I couldn't believe this bullshit all over again. Again and again with the lies that one day we could be together the bullshit of him taking the one piece from me that I can never get back. I was so hurt. I felt useless and undesired. I heard the sound of him standing and the presence of his body standing before mine but I couldn't match his gaze, because if I did I wouldn't believe this hurt I wouldn't get stronger to leave him alone if I meet those beautiful eyes. I never thought he would leave but finally the door opened and closed and it felt like finally I could fucking breath, my chest was heavy I just knew my heart was breaking because of this stupid bastard. I stood up and began blowing the candles out and swiping the petals off the bed.

 I stood up and began blowing the candles out and swiping the petals off the bed

The petals even flying in the darkness was still beautiful. Everything was still so beautiful, but why I just could understand why he was determined on breaking my heart and then fleeing it the fuck back together every time we were together. I wanted this night. I even felt it through my mark that he wanted this night, so what the fuck changed... what made him want to throw me away all over again. My heart felt like it was being squeezed and my mark hurt like a fire was lit on my neck. I screamed and grabbed my mark but it didn't help. What the fuck was happening. I had learned from Delia about wolf shit but I didn't understand why my neck was on fire, i heard the door creak open and Delia appeared through the door and rushed to my side. "Delia, it hurts, why does it hurt please make it stop!!" I screamed out. "I can't Nico, I'm so sorry once the pain stops I'm taking you away from all of this I promise". I looked up at her and her eyes were watery and weary. I knew deep down in my heart she would finally explain it all to me once we were far away from this life. My mind and body couldn't take anymore I started to feel dizzy and began to black out and all I remember before the dark completely took me was a single pile of rose petals that laid gracefully by my feet.

 My mind and body couldn't take anymore I started to feel dizzy and began to black out and all I remember before the dark completely took me was a single pile of rose petals that laid gracefully by my feet