Chapter 15: Shamed

Nico POV

Once again, it had been a month since I had seen Lucien. I wasn't even surprised I knew it was another lie he told me and yet I let him take my most prized possession from me so quickly. It wasn't like I was in love with Lucien I didn't even fucking know him and i just let him dangle that thingy in me. But on the bright side of my tragic life, me and Delia were closer then ever and we even got promoted at work an now only had to go to the office for meetings. My life was getting "nicer".

I still had this feeling I couldn't shake, or even put my finger on it but I didn't  like it at all. Even growing up when people called me names, an boys never talked to me I really never felt ashamed like I do now. And why do I feel that way?. No fucking ducking clue, so I just try to push it to the side like a bad pie and keep moving on.

*Ring,Ring*
Delia answers "Hey What's up, Jace?"
I wonder what he wanted, he had been acting totally distant since Lucien left and wouldn't hardly speak to me or anything. Delia said it's more because I was 'marked' and he could smell Lucien all over me, but I couldn't smell it all I smelt was my perfume, 'ugh! Stupid wolf shit' I huffed. Delia turned an smiled at me, I knew she heard me.

Delia finally got off the phone and kept grinning like a mad woman.
"Okay D, What's up?" Delia clapped her hands together and said "Nico, Jace just had the greatest idea ever since we have more free time he was wondering if we wanted to take a trip?". A trip, I hadn't been anywhere nice in awhile an it's not like I had anything I was waiting here for so I stood up an yelled " Let's do it!"

"Hold D, Where is Jace even at?". And Delai's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Its a surprise Nico".

Oh damn me to hell....

"Delia, hell no. You can either tell.me right now or I'm not doing shit"!. I was tired of so called surprises an secrets. Were grown hell just open up your mouth an say it.

Delia looked shocked and then nodded her head. "Oh Nico, I'm sorry I just want you to be happy thought maybe this would bring a smile to your face. I wasn't thinking". We smiled at each other. Yeah I was over reacting but hell I had a right to be nerves about 'secret surprises' hell they weren't just bite, fucked, an told werewolves were real in the matter of months. I moaned "continue Deeee". And so yelped with happiness.

"Okay, so Jace is out at our family cabin just watching over the mountains and everything and wanted to see if we wanted to come up for a week and enjoy the scenery"?. She ended it like a question. It brought back beautiful memories of their family's cabin, an the beautiful mountains an the cool springs we use to play in as kids, but also I had a feeling that these woods wouldn't be the same now that I knew what lurked inside.

But despise the feelings of uncertainty creeping in like a night prowler. I nodded by head an agreed to go, this could either go two ways and I guess either way I was meant to find out.