Chapter Three - Where could we have gone wrong? (e)

"Sam wake up!" I hear two voices scream as my bedroom door is thrown open.

Groaning I pulled my blanket over my head. "Go away." I mumble as I turn to face the wall.

"Never!" Aaron said, bouncing on the end of my bed. I kick at him with my feet, but he doesn't move.

"Come on it is past six and on your fourteenth birthday-eve." Morgan said yanking the blanket off of my bed.

"Exactly, it's my birthday-eve so I should get to sleep." I said pulling my legs up to my chest to keep warm.

"Please Sam, get up. Today is the day that Morgan and I get you; tomorrow your family said that they get you all to themselves." Aaron pouted.

I sighed as I slowly threw my legs over the side of my bed and pointed towards Aaron. "Get out." I said nodding towards the door.

Aaron's jaw dropped. "I thought you were getting up," he cried as he stood to his feet.

"I am... but I need to get dressed." I said pointing towards the door.

Aaron jumped in the air and ran out the door, slamming it shut behind him; I fell back onto my bed.

"Do I really have to get up?" I asked Morgan, who had set down beside me.

"Yes, Aaron has your whole day planned out and is excited to be celebrating your fourteenth birthday." Morgan said, walking over to my dresser and pulling out a pair of riding pants and a blue long sleeve shirt that she said brought out my eyes or something like that.

I stretched out my hand and she tossed them to me. I quickly slipped them on then after running the brush through my hair a few times snuck out of my room.

We quickly slipped out to the kitchen where Aaron was standing with Chloe. Soon we found ourselves sitting around the table enjoying my second favorite breakfast, my first would be served tomorrow.

"So where might you be taking my baby girl to on this lovely day?" Mama asked, smiling over at me as I blushed and glared at her.

"Mama, I'm not a baby." I said crossing my arms. She reached out and placed a hand on top of mine.

"You will always be my baby girl." She said kissing my hand before letting go.

"We are going to ride over to Backington and have lunch at The Rat's Inn then just hang out in town." Aaron said with a huge smile.

Backington was a three hour ride by horse and was a much larger town than Hillsdale. It actually had a downtown area with shops that had things you didn't even need. Hillsdale had a food, farm, and clothing store.

"That's pretty far away; will you make it back before dark?" Papa asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes we will. Morgan planned it all out yesterday," Aaron said with a grin.

"This will be our first trip without parents." I said with a gleeful giggle.

"I don't like the idea of you three by yourselves. What if something happens?" Chloe asked, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"Chloe, we will be fine." I said with a huff. Why did she have to worry so much? Nothing bad is going to happen. "I'm at the top of my defenses class and Aaron is like number three." I said.

"No, I made it to number two and I'm coming after your spot." Aaron said with an evil grin.

"Nope you won't pass me." I said then turned back to Chloe. "So we will be able to protect ourselves and all three of us have been to Backington millions of times, so we won't get lost. Even if we do we can just ask for help." I said with a grin.