Chapter Seventeen: I Bet He's Getting the Blindfolds (e)

The following couple of days were just as brutal as the ones before. To top it off, each night I was forced into dance lessons. I tried telling them that it wasn't even a sure thing that I would still be here, but they wouldn't listen to any of my arguments. At least that was giving me a way to get to know more of the Dragons then just my brothers. It was the morning of my sixth day. Tomorrow evening I would find out if I would be staying or returning to the farm with Andrew and Ally. I groaned as I heard movement in the room. I was enjoying laying there with eyes closed simply thinking. It didn't hurt, unlike every other movement I made. I held on tight to the pillow as I felt it being tugged away. "Go away," I mumbled, trying to roll over. However, the pillow was yanked from my grasp and I stumbled out of bed. I looked up to glare at Alakay who held the pillow close to him. I chose not to say anything instead grabbed my blanket from my bed and wrapped it around me curling up on the floor. I heard chuckling and cracked my eyes open to see all four guys standing at the edge of my bed looking at me. "I think I'm calling in dead today. Go on without me," I moaned.

Benedict walked over and took a seat on my bed. "It gets better Sam." He said, nudging me with his foot.

"Oh really?" I asked, eyes fully open now.

"No, not really," Alakay said laughing as the rest turned on him. "I mean in a way it does... the training doesn't get easier but you get used to it," he added.

Shepherd nodded. "For once Alakay is right. As you keep training with us, you will become more physically fit and the tasks become easier. Never easy, for if they did, there would be no point as we wouldn't be getting any better," he said.

I slowly sat up, the blanket still wrapped around me. "You all better be right or I really will be dead soon," I yawned. I tossed my blanket to Benedict. "Since you're sitting on my bed you can make it while I go change," I said, grabbing my clothes and running out of the room before anyone could comment. To my surprise my bed was made when I came back. "Thanks," I said, as I folded my sleeping clothes and followed the guys to breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed for the obstacle course. Alakay sighed as he noted that Erik wasn't here yet. "I bet he's getting blindfolds," he said. The rest of the guys groaned.

"You guys mentioned people being blindfolded before. How does that work?" I asked, starting to stretch knowing another hard day was coming.

"At random, Erik chooses to push groups further on the obstacle course by blindfolding anywhere from one to three members, in our case he could blindfold up to four. Then the ones left with sight are tasked with making sure everyone gets through the course," Louis explained.

"And I wouldn't be surprised if he's decided to blindfold all of us and make you guide us through just to see how we work together with you leading," Alakay said.

I shook my head. "That's just a big disaster waiting to happen. I really don't want to kill any of you," I said.

They all laughed. "Luckily for us, we've done it enough that even being blindfolded and you guiding no one should die," Benedict said.

We heard Erik chuckle as he approached without blindfolds, but rather in his uniform which we only used if going out of the compound.

"I take it Benedict is in charge today since it seems as though you are leaving? Are you gonna make him blindfold all of us and make Sam lead? He's already said he's gonna kill us all if you do that. So I'd suggest not," Alakay said jumping to the side as I took a swing at him.

Erik shook his head. "No, I will not be blindfolding anyone. Your right, Benedict will be covering your training today, but there will only be four. I'm taking Sam with me today," he said.