Chapter Ten: She's A Boy She Can Take It (e)

"You look like a spy!" Ally giggled, as she tried to tie my cape around my neck and pulled the green hood over my head. I shook my head and took her hands away and tied it since she was too busy laughing to tie it.

"How much longer until we reach the Inn?" I asked, hoping to change the subject.

Andrew glanced back with a smile. "Just a few more minutes, we have just entered Chains so the Inn is just at the other end of town," Andrew said as he slowed the horse down so we could go safely through the town.

"I am still doubting this plan," I said, pulling the cloak closer to my body.

Ally sighed and slid to the floor of the wagon. "Would you stop with your doubt? I am going to start slapping you again," Ally said, moving her arms and legs up and down like she was trying to make a snow angel in the wagon.

"There will be no more slapping," Andrew chuckled.

"Can I pinch her?" Ally asked. Andrew shook his head.

"No violence," he said as he pulled into the Inn. "I'll go get us a room before you two come in," Andrew said hitching the horse to a post before walking inside.

"Don't talk or take your hood off until we get to our room," Ally said sitting up and looking at me to make sure that my face did not show. I nodded to show my understanding.

A few minutes later, Andrew popped his head in the back. "We have a room on the second floor, why don't you girls grab your bags and head in while I take care of the horse," he said. He reached his hand out to help us down then handed us our bags.

"Don't you want help?" I asked, swinging my bag over my shoulder. "Ally, has a lot of work she says needs to be done, so I believe you two need to get started right away if we want to stay on schedule," Andrew said, handing me the key and nodding for me to take Ally inside. I grabbed Ally's bag from in front of her feet and walked off knowing she would follow.

After finding our room and tossing our bags to the floor, I turned to complain once more but was quickly silenced by a pillow. "If you say anything I will smother you and that will ruin our whole plan," she said leaving the pillow over my face for a few more moments. As she took it away I stayed silent as I undid the cape and tossed it on the floor.

"So where do you start?" I asked, sucking in my bottom lip so I would not give any negative comments that would earn me a slap. Ally grinned from ear to ear and shoved me into a chair in front of the only mirror. Ally then grabbed my cape that was laying on the floor and flung it over the mirror before standing in front of me with her arms crossed... I'm doomed. "Alright, you just sit still and I will work some magic on your head," she giggled, grabbing a pair of scissors.

"Oh kill me now," I sighed, earning a smack to my head.

"Shut up," Ally said, before getting down and sticking her face in mine. "Now, I don't want to hear another word from you young lady. Do you understand?" she asked... sounding a little too much like a mother.

"Yes, ma'am," I whispered before closing my eyes and leaning back in the chair. I winced every time I felt the scissors make contact with my hair. "Don't you dare make me bald," I hissed. The only response I got was a giggle, which in no way gave me comfort. I closed my eyes tighter and thought about how I would have to change in order to fit in with the plan. Since Andrew was once a member of the Red Dragons, he still had contacts within the group. He had said that he could find a job for me and I could work my way up to be a soldier for the King. I thought I would be working in the stables at the most, so if Andrew believed he could get me a better job I was all for letting him do it, I had my doubts. At this point though, I hardly cared where I worked as long as it put me in a position to look for my brother. I just hope I am not too late to find him. I honestly don't think I could continue if I found out my brother had died, he was what I am living for now.