h

The house was empty. Quiet and cold, and it would stay like that for hours. So I crawled into bed and tried to close my eyes. But I couldn't, I hadn't touched the envelope in two days and it was burning me. The last page had been painful and I didn't think I could do it again. But I know I have too.

So here I was not able to sleep thinking about the pages. I finally gave up and reached for them on my dresser. Turning on the lamp I shuffled through the envelope until I came to the right page.

Letter 5
Side B

Football games were the epitome of high school. The homecoming football game was one that properly started the season off. The few games they had before it were a chance for the school to see how well the players would play this year. This year was Knights first year on the school team. He played outside of school which made him miles better then anyone else. He made varsity as a freshman and was already playing quarterback. He was already so good the school knew his name and chanted it every chance they got. He was Knight McLain and nobody would forget his name.

The game was easy. Quick winnings, another step towards championships. They were playing the Lions. Ryan Griffin was their quarterback and Knight couldn't be happier about the win. The final ten seconds were brutal because of the other teams lack of spirt. He threw the ball across the field in a perfect spiral and his teammate caught it at the end zone. The crowd erupted into screams and his teammates picked him up in celebration. He looked at the crowd searching for one girl. His eyes roamed trying to find her but he failed. He hadn't spoken to her since the dance and didn't know where they stood. But he was hoping after witnessing his skills she would come running back.

Thats when he saw her. Not on the home bleachers but the other teams seats. She was talking to Ryan. No, this couldn't have happened. Ryan did not get his girl. Not here, not now. He watched them stand up and begin to leave together. Thats when he started to loose it. Leaving his teammates he stormed over to Ryan. Ryan looked up as he saw Knight stalking over. "Go wait in the car," He told Clara. Clara listened because she was still trying to avoid Knight after his girlfriend attacked her. She scurried away faster then she ever thought she could.

Full of adrenaline Knight grabbed Ryan by his jersey. "What the fuck are you doing?" He screamed. "You don't have girls at your school you can fuck? Huh?" He asked. "What? Knight what are you talking about?" Ryan asked. Knight clenched his jaw, "Leave her the fuck alone," He spat. "Oh? Clara?" He laughed. Ryan saw the desperation and pain his eyes and saw the opportunity. He just lost a game to this asshole why the fuck should he tell him the truth? Especially if he's harassing him. "Oh, Knight she's way to good for you," He patronized. "I said leave her alone," Knight seethed. "I could but the way she sucks my-a hard punch in the mouth knocked him to the ground. Another one and another one came until his teammates pulled him off. "Just for that, I'm gonna fuck her tonight," He said drooling blood. Knight fought the restraint of his friends as Ryan got away.

"Knight!" A voice bellowed. It was his father, and his father only called his name like that if he was in trouble. Looking down at his bruised fists he sighed, yeah he was in a shit load of trouble.

Ryan was my friend. I met him when my dad invited his family to dinner at our house. It was when I first moved here way back in freshman year. We got along very quickly and I had been excited to have a friend I could go to school with. That was until I found out he went to a different school. It sucked knowing the only real friend I'd made and my parents liked wasn't going to the same school. But it didn't stop us from hanging out.

But the fact that he lied to get back at Knight was not okay. Throwing around my name and lying about what we did was just some form of macho display. Granted this was all the way back in freshman year it didn't mean anything. Knight didn't have to punch him either, that was pretty low on his part too.

Reading these pages felt like I had been constantly missing details in my life. Like if I had stayed instead of running away I would've never missed so many important things. Turning the light off I went to bed.
I needed to get these pages done and fast.